Iterate tFileList for each file in another tFileList

Highlighted
Four Stars

Iterate tFileList for each file in another tFileList

Hi all,

i have the following job:

talend.PNG

I need to iterate the tFileList_1 for each file il tFileList_2, because i need to match if the file in the folder of tFileList_1 have the same content of the file present in the folder of tFileList_2.

My job as you see in the image, is not working properly, because the iteration work simultaneously.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Nicola

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Iterate tFileList for each file in another tFileList

Hi Nicola,

Since you have to quickly check whether file A and B are matching based on the conditions, the best way is to do the comparison using tFileCompare component.

Now, if you have to compare multiple input files with multiple lookup files, you will have to loop them in multiple iterations. In the below loop, the input file from FileList1 will be compared in recursive manner with FileList2 files and will provide the output.

image.png

Could you please try this method? You can either match in text or binary mode.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

Hi Nicola,

Since you have to quickly check whether file A and B are matching based on the conditions, the best way is to do the comparison using tFileCompare component.

Now, if you have to compare multiple input files with multiple lookup files, you will have to loop them in multiple iterations. In the below loop, the input file from FileList1 will be compared in recursive manner with FileList2 files and will provide the output.

image.png

Could you please try this method? You can either match in text or binary mode.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

View solution in original post

Four Stars

Hi Nikhil,

thank you, the solution works perfectly!

Many thanks
Warm Regards
Nicola Bracchini

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas