Issues with Schema Retrieval

Seven Stars

Issues with Schema Retrieval

Hello All,

I have seen posts on similar grounds earlier, but my concern is little different from those...so posting again.

When i do a column change at DB level in one of the tables that are already there in TalenD metadata, should i be selecting all the DB objects to retrieve? because when i select just the table i want to refresh, rest all the tables are getting deleted from the repository, i even changed the option where it says 'delete all the tables'. My concern is, i am ok with refreshing all the tables  but going forward when my job count increases i dont want to take the risk of refreshing changes when i don't solicit to change. Also the 'Detect dependencies' doesn't seem to be working the way it is supposed to, because my understanding when i right click on a object under metadata and ask for 'detect dependencies' it should be listing down all the job that have this specific db object (that i how it works in other ETL tools), if you have experienced something similar and found a work around, please share.

Seven Stars

Re: Issues with Schema Retrieval

Hello,

Do any one have any idea on this please

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas