Issues Connecting Talend 5.6.3 to Sage 100 v15 Using Generic ODBC Driver

Hello to all

Accept greeting from franck

i'm just started working with talend about 2months ago and also new to this forum

I wish to have support if anyone have had a similar issue as the one i'm facing or any contribution on how to overcome that.

Actually i'm trying to connect Talend Version 5.6.3 to Sage 100.v15.01 through the Generic talend odbc driver available in version 5.6.3 but i'm facing some difficulties and don't know how to go about that, i have tried for the past 48hours but can't still found any solution.

i have attached the screenshot and error saved in a text file for more illustration.

ISSUE.PNG

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: [Simba][Simba ODBC Driver][CBase]Accès refusé. at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)  at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1078)  at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:313). at org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)  at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$30.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2518). at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$30.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)  at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77). at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161). at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [Simba][Simba ODBC Driver][CBase]Accès refusé.
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLDriverConnect(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.initialize(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41) at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
      ... 9 more

Thanks is advance for any contribution

Best Regards.

3 REPLIES
Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Re: Issues Connecting Talend 5.6.3 to Sage 100 v15 Using Generic ODBC Driver

Hi,

The screen capture show us there is a strange login "<administrateur>" and no password which can explain the "access denied" (Accès refusé) you receive.

Are you sure of these values?

TRF

Thanks for the contribution, i'm sure and more to that even when that field is empty i should have the same output 

Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

I think they should not be empty. They should contain the user login and password you want to use to establish the Sage connection (well, I think so as I can't try).

TRF