One Star

Issue with tjava and tfiledelete components.

Hi Team,
I am new to talend i have small doubt here.
My aim is:
1) Upload files by using Alfresco customized ApI’s.
2) After uploading delete those files.
By using tjava component and Alfresco customized ApI's i am uploading the files to alfresco server. Files are uploading successfully, after files uploaded successfully i want to delete those files from my local folder, for that i am using tfileDelete component.
Now my problem is files are not deleting from local folder. If i remove all code whatever i have written in tjava component then files are deleting successfully. If again i place that code in tjava component at that time tfiledelete component is not working.
Please suggest me why i am facing this issue.
12 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Issue with tjava and tfiledelete components.

See more info on how to use the component here  

Hi rajeshanumula,
Could you please show us your job design screenshot? Which connection type did you use between your tjava and tfiledelete?
Have you already checked component reference about:TalendHelpCenter:tFileDelete? Have you checked select box "Delete file or folder"?  There is no error message printed on console?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thankyou very much for your response.
Please find attached screen shots.......
In that tfileDelete_2 is working correctly but tFileDelete_1 is not working....
Best regards,
Rajesh
One Star

Please find these screen shots.............

One Star

Hi Team,
Today i analyzed my problem i.e.,
By using "tFileDelete" component i am deleting the folder.In that folder i have total 8 files,out of  8 files only 6 files are deleting other 2 files are  not deleting. I think this is the reason why folder is not deleting from the drive because it has 2 more files which were not deleted.
Example:
"ABc" is folder in this folder i have a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,.....a8 files.i am trying to delete "ABC" folder by using tFileDelete component then, only a3,a4,.....a8 files are deletig and a1,a2 files are not deleting so "ABC" folder is also not deleting.
Please suggest me any solution for this problem.....it is very usefull to me....
Thankyou
Best regards
Rajesh
One Star

Hi Team,
Now i came to know taht whatever files i am uploading those files are not deleting from the folder other files are deleting.
EXSmiley Frustratedome times i am uploading only five files that time only those files not deleting othe files are deleting....etc.
Is this files are using by any othe processes ? 

(or)

Before uploading the files is tFileDelete component is running?
Please suggest me.......any solution for this query......
Thankyou
Best regards
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,
We don't see your screenshot on our side. Could you please check it?
Make sure that your screenshot file is not bigger than 2MB and
Screenshots works only if you drag&drop the image directly in the editor window. 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Fifteen Stars

Hi rajeshanumula,
if you are setting the tFileDelete to delete a folder and only a few files from that folder are being deleted while leaving others, it suggests that something has an attachment to the files that remain. You say that you have code which you use to send the files with Alfresco. Are you sure that this has finished before you start the delete? Does this happen in the same subjob? If so, take the delete out of that Subjob. Use an "OnSubjobOK" link to a "dummy" tJava component with nothing in it. Then use an "OnSubJobOK" link from the "dummy" tJava to the tFileDelete. 
Rilhia Solutions
One Star

Sabrina and rhall_2.o thankyou for your response.
Please find attached screenshots............and please suggest me......

Best regards
Rajesh
One Star

Best regards
Rajesh
One Star

Thanks
One Star

Hi,
Thankyou verymuch to all  for your response.
My problem was resolved. I have issue with closing statements.Now,i have closed all the statements so issue was resolved.
Like closing statements means BufferedInputStream,BufferedOutputStream,InputStream....
Best regards
Rajesh