Issue with tReplicate

One Star

Issue with tReplicate

I have a data source going to a replicate component. I expect the same data coming in to the rep to be going out to both tMaps, but I am not getting the same row count coming out of the rep component. Any ideas why?
Employee

Re: Issue with tReplicate

Hello,
What is your version of Talend, what is your project language, and what are the configuration of your 2 tMap ?
One Star

Talend Open Studio
Version: 2.2.4
Build id: r7943-20080107-1407
I am using JAVA
I am using the tMaps to pull out a sub-set of the data coming from the tReplicate. Shouldn't thet row count come out of the tReplicate be the same no matter what component it is going to?
One Star

I just tried the same job in version 2.3.0 and I am getting the same issue.
One Star

My tMaps have expression filters on them. This seems to cause the problem. When I disable the filters the rows coming out to of the tRep are the same. When I enable they are different. Is there a reason for this? Bug? Workaround?
Community Manager

Hi
My tMaps have expression filters on them. This seems to cause the problem. When I disable the filters the rows coming out to of the tRep are the same. When I enable they are different. Is there a reason for this? Bug? Workaround?

The tReplicate component replicate an input and can be linked to different output component. So, the input data from tReplicate component for different output component should be the same.
In you case, it is not a bug. because you add different filter expression in tMap, it have filtered the input data coming from tReplicate component.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

The expressions added to the tMap should not affect the data input BEFORE the tMap right? In my example I have a MySQLInput that pulls three rows. I expect all three rows to go to the each of the tMaps, but it seems the expression is filtering the data stream before it gets to the tMaps. Shouldn't the tMap expression filter the data as it leaves the tMap component not before?
I have expressions on both tMaps. Out of the three rows going into the top tMap one row should be the output. The bottom tMap will process only 2 rows.
The row counts are not correct based on the expressions I have set up. Why does the top get one with the bottom get three. My original expecectation was to get three row going to each tMap, but your post makes me think it should be one and two to the tMaps. I would rather have three going to each. How can I make that happen.
Community Manager

Hi Mrbaggio
I have reproduced your job and check that it should be a bug. I have report this 3127.
Thanks for your support!
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business