One Star

Issue with tRESTClient upgrading from TOSBD 5.5.1 to 5.6.2

Hi,
I just upgraded from Talend Open Studio for Big  Data 5.5.1 to 5.6.2.  I have imported my jobs but I seem to have an issue with tRESTClient.  The tRESTClient which worked fine in 5.5.1 but in 5.6.2 it returns:
200||{"status":"unrecoverable"}
I checked the GET in my logs on the server and the GET with parameters is fine and I can return data with the current GET String in a browser.  So I am assuming it has to be tRESTClient changed the way it reads the message or a header change.  I have everything in context variables and in 5.5.1 it works fine.  Originally I left the message type to “Any” and if figured it out, but then I also tried “JSON” with no luck either.  Any help would be appreciated. 
Is it possible the "status":"unrecoverable" is coming from tRESTClient component or does that message have to come from my Server? 
 
For simplicity I am just loading context variables and sending to tLogRow.





Log from 5.6.2 specifing ANY as message type
: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingOutInterceptor - Outbound Message
---------------------------
ID: 1
Address:
Http-Method: GET
Content-Type:
Headers: {Accept=}
--------------------------------------
: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingInInterceptor - Inbound Message
----------------------------
ID: 1
Response-Code: 200
Encoding: UTF-8
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Headers: {connection=, content-encoding=, Content-Length=, content-type=, Date=, Server=, X-Powered-By=}
Payload: {"status":"unrecoverable"}
--------------------------------------
200||{"status":"unrecoverable"}
disconnected

Log from 5.6.2 specifing JSON as message type

: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingOutInterceptor - Outbound Message
---------------------------
ID: 1
Address: XXXXX//XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXX.com/XXXXXXXXX/request?designDoc=XXXXXXXXX&view=XXXXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXXXX&startKey=0&endKey=1435799524&skip=0
Http-Method: GET
Content-Type:
Headers: {Accept=}
--------------------------------------
: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingInInterceptor - Inbound Message
----------------------------
ID: 1
Response-Code: 200
Encoding: UTF-8
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Headers: {connection=, content-encoding=, Content-Length=, content-type=, Date=, Server=, X-Powered-By=}
Payload: {"status":"unrecoverable"}
--------------------------------------
Exception in component tRESTClient_2
javax.ws.rs.client.ClientException: .No message body reader has been found for class : interface org.dom4j.Document, ContentType : text/plain;charset=UTF-8.
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.AbstractClient.reportMessageHandlerProblem(AbstractClient.java:756)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.AbstractClient.readBody(AbstractClient.java:523)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.handleResponse(WebClient.java:1141)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doResponse(WebClient.java:1125)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doChainedInvocation(WebClient.java:1068)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:878)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.doInvoke(WebClient.java:852)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.invoke(WebClient.java:410)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.get(WebClient.java:594)
at XXXXXXXXX.copy_of_XXXXXXXXXdetailrc_0_1.Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC.tRESTClient_2Process(Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC.java:3191)
at XXXXXXXXX.copy_of_XXXXXXXXXdetailrc_0_1.Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC.tRunJob_1Process(Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC.java:2530)
: org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.AbstractClient - .No message body reader has been found for class : interface org.dom4j.Document, ContentType : text/plain;charset=UTF-8.
at XXXXXXXXX.copy_of_XXXXXXXXXdetailrc_0_1.Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC.tJava_1Process(Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC.java:1225)
at XXXXXXXXX.copy_of_XXXXXXXXXdetailrc_0_1.Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC.runJobInTOS(Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC.java:4102)
at XXXXXXXXX.copy_of_XXXXXXXXXdetailrc_0_1.Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC.main(Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC.java:3559)
disconnected
Job Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC ended at 01:12 02/07/2015.
Log from 5.5.1 Works Great

INFO: Outbound Message
---------------------------
ID: 1
Address: XXXXX//XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXX.com/etl/request?designDoc=XXXXXXXXX&view=XXXXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXXXX&startKey=0&endKey=1412221729&skip=0
Http-Method: GET
Content-Type: */*
Headers: {Accept=, Content-Type=}
--------------------------------------
Jul 02, 2015 12:51:09 AM org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingInInterceptor
INFO: Inbound Message
----------------------------
ID: 1
Response-Code: 200
Encoding: ISO-8859-1
Content-Type: application/json
Headers: {connection=, content-encoding=, Content-Length=, content-type=, Date=, Server=, X-Powered-By=}
Payload: {"total_rows":921,"rows":}],"skip":-1}
--------------------------------------
New skip=-1
Begin skip -1
Begin Time: 0
End Time: 1412221729
disconnected
Job Copy_of_XXXXXXXXXDetailRC ended at 00:51 02/07/2015.
1 REPLY
One Star

Re: Issue with tRESTClient upgrading from TOSBD 5.5.1 to 5.6.2

Solved the issue,  for anyone with the same issue.  Talend changed the header "content-type" from "*/*" to "XML".  I am not sure if its a configuration that I am not aware of, but it changed and then Symphony rejected it because there was not any XML.  So I just added an HTTP Headers under advanced in the  tRestClient of "content-type" "text/plain" and it works fine.