Five Stars

Issue with tFileOutputMSDelimited not accepting multiple connections or auto schema

I'm trying to use the tFileOutputMSDelimited component but at times in the past and now again in tis case the component does not seem to reach the way it is documented and well it's not functional. I know it can do what I want because like I said it has worked in the past and those jobs that have it still work today.

tFileOutputMSDelimited_issue_pic1.JPGSo here is the situation in  picture.

This is the initial condition and this runs perfectly and gives to the console exactly what I want.

So now I want to capture those two main flows into a file. Since the two flows have a parent child relationship then I want to use a tFileOutputMSDelimited as I have before!

But some time including this week I get this.

tFileOutputMSDelimited_issue_pic2.JPG

As I should I take the main flow from one of the tMap and attach it to the tFile...

At this point according to the tutorial that I review again I should see automatically the schema of flow SDL_Diff appear in the component tab listed in the schema column.

tFileOutputMSDelimited_issue_pic3.JPG

Yet the Schema is blank and not listed.

If I try to define it there it tells me I can because it already exist.

So Something is wrong here?

Furthermore, when I try to connect another schema, any other schemas, I can't

tFileOutputMSDelimited_issue_pic4.JPG

The system does not let me.

If I disconnect both and try in the reverse order same thing.

So two things are going wrong and I don't know what

2 REPLIES
Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Re: Issue with tFileOutputMSDelimited not accepting multiple connections or auto schema

Hi,
Can you share a whole picture of the job, just to see how the 2 flows are created?

TRF
Five Stars

Re: Issue with tFileOutputMSDelimited not accepting multiple connections or auto schema

Hi there;

I can't put the whole job because it is getting massive but here is the part you requested.

tFileOutputMSDelimited_issue_pic5.JPG

Literally this is a test compare job. I'm replacing old EDI with talend. We have the original files we received as well as the equivalent post processed files.

So after processing the archived original files I read the original processed files (ref) which is a 4 level files) and compare each levels from the new files (clone) with the reference original. Like I said if I just let the output go to the console all is well. And the output is exactly what "error" lines from the clone should look like.