Issue with tFTPPUt components:For file transfer from local m/c to FTP?

Four Stars

Issue with tFTPPUt components:For file transfer from local m/c to FTP?

Hi All,
I am creating target file on my local machine.I need to move this file on FTP. 
Below is my job design :- 

I am able to read file through tFileList component from local directory path. Component setting are given below :- 

Below screen shot refer to components setting for tFTPPut.

By using global variable of tFileList component, in component setting of tFTPput local directory path. 
I am getting message saying that :- No such file exists.
Please refer below image for console output :-

Can anyone suggest me what is wrong with my Talend job?
Regards :- SB

Re: Issue with tFTPPUt components:For file transfer from local m/c to FTP?

Hi,
Regardless of your FTP server, can you use tfilelist component with your filemask (*.txt) to list the file in local folder?
Is your Remote directory valid?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,
My remote path is valid. Please let me know that whether do we need permission to copy file on remote? It is linux box.
Regards:- Swapnil Bhosale
One Star

Hi,
I dont think the global variable tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH can be used in the tFTPPut component for this case as it is a flow variable.
I would suggest that you 
a) copy/paste what you have in the Directory field of your tFileList component, so that your tFTPPut component sends all files in 1 call or
b) move the tFTPPut to be run after tJava_2 is completed or instead of it, so that you can use global variables CURRENT_FILEDIRECTORY for the local path and CURRENT_FILE as the file mask and send the files one by one.
Best regards
Olivier

Hi Olivier,
I dont think the global variable tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH can be used in the tFTPPut component for this case as it is a flow variable.

It cannot be used in tftpput. We use tFileList component to make sure that there exist the files in your folder and you have right to move them.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I agree with you, it cannot be used in the tFTPPut. If you look at the screenshot of the tFTPPut setup, you will find it in the local directory field... Once the value corrected, the job should work.
Best regards
Olivier
Highlighted
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Why you would say global variable tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH cannot be used in tFTPPut. Is it just for that particular case or for all cases?

I am trying to transfer directories and files from my local machine to a remote server:

To Sabrina.PNG

In tFileList, the FileList Type is : Directories

And here is the config for tFTPPut:

Local directory: ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_2_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))

Remote directory:

context.Tgt_Dir + StringHandling.RIGHT(((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_2_CURRENT_FILEPATH")),StringHandling.LEN((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_2_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))-StringHandling.LEN(context.Local_Dir))

Filemask: "*"                        New name: ""

I was able to create the same directories in the remote server with tFTPCreateDirectory.

I was also able to send the files to the remote directories with tFTPPut, though sometimes the job would fail in the middle of file transfer. I am still trying to figure out why and I tend to think it is something in the source file that job failed at. 

Did you mean   ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_2_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) is not allowed in Local directory field?

Thanks!

TM

Hello,

It is just for that particular case. Your files are located in local directories when you are using tfilelist to iterate a set of files or folders.

Best regards

Sabrina

--