Five Stars

Issue with "Retrieve schema" since upgrading to 5.5.2 (Sybase IQ)

Hi,

I've been working with a Sybase IQ database and I had no problem setting up a database connection in Talend using a generic JDBC. I could load my tables without any issue using "Retrieve schema".

But we recently upgraded from 5.2.2 to 5.5.2 and the "Retrieve schema" isn't working anymore.

I can see all the schemas inside the database but I cannot load any table inside the schemas.

Is this something that is known ? Is there any way to work around this ?

Best regards,

Damien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Issue with "Retrieve schema" since upgrading to 5.5.2 (Sybase IQ)

Hello,

I don't think there were but I found another way.

On the 5.2.2 I didn't manage to make the "Sybase (ASE and IQ)" database connection work and this is why I used the generic JDBC that worked easily.

Faced with this issue, I tried once again to use the "Sybase (ASE and IQ)" and manage to make it work by removing the "Database" and "Schema" fields (leaving them blank).

Hope it will help others.

Best regards,

Damien

5 REPLIES

Hello,

Do you have some error message in the View "Error log" when the "Retrieve schema" isn't working anymore?

You can go to “Window > Show view > General > Error Log”.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hello,

I don't think there were but I found another way.

On the 5.2.2 I didn't manage to make the "Sybase (ASE and IQ)" database connection work and this is why I used the generic JDBC that worked easily.

Faced with this issue, I tried once again to use the "Sybase (ASE and IQ)" and manage to make it work by removing the "Database" and "Schema" fields (leaving them blank).

Hope it will help others.

Best regards,

Damien

Hi,

Have you already tried to repro this issue on the latest released version 6.4?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi,

I have not since we are not working (yet) on this version.

But everything I said should be discarded because it became apparent down the road that I had more and more issues and we think my workspace was corrupted because the issue could not be reproduced on any of my coworker's computers.

Since creating a clean workspace, I have been able to work with the normal connection as intended.

Thank you for the time you've taken to look into this issue.

Best regards,

Damien

Hello,

Great, thanks for your prompt reply. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina

--