Four Stars

Issue with general JDBC and sybase sqlanywhere 16

Hello,
I created a db connection with general JDBC and sybase sql anywhere 16 on my system : windows 2012R2.

I connect to the database only once and after I receive the following error message:
Echec de la connexion Vous devez modifier les paramètres de la base de données.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 16\Bin64\dbjdbc16.dll already loaded in another classloader
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:164)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1033)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:314)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2648)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 16\Bin64\dbjdbc16.dll already loaded in another classloader
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
      at sybase.jdbc4.sqlanywhere.IDriver.try_load(IDriver.java:483)
      at sybase.jdbc4.sqlanywhere.IDriver.<clinit>(IDriver.java:421)
      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:90)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:115)
      ... 9 more
What's wrong?
Please help, thanks.
Ben
3 REPLIES

Re: Issue with general JDBC and sybase sqlanywhere 16

Hi bpat,
Have you tried to use ODBC connection to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for your reply. I'm tried odbc connection with x64 driver, but I have many error, I have found post with problem in x64 odbc connection and I tried odbc connection with x86 driver and talend. Apparently problems have disappeared.  But I would connect to jdbc connection for test and I don't understand how to install and configure  java driver sybase sajdbc.jar, have you an idea to solve driver already loaded in another classloader ?
Best regards
Ben
One Star

Hello,
I tried the JDBC connection to sqlanywhere 16 and it is working when I use it in a Job, however it throws the error you mentioned when you do a Check connection in Metadata -> DB Connections. So go ahead and try this in a Job.