Issue with Exponential notation between Talend package versions

One Star

Issue with Exponential notation between Talend package versions

Hi All,
I'm facing a strange issue with Talend packages with the exponential notation for numbers.
I have a job that creates a delimited output file. 
I have a baseline version (.zip file) from the UNIX server. I unzipped this baseline zip file on UNIX and I ran the code through UNIX - the numbers in this output file are in plain number format. (Ex: 700000). 
When I import the same baseline zip file into the Talend studio and when I run it from Talend studio, it gives me exponential number format. (Ex: 7E6). Note that I overwrote all the existing components while importing.
When I check their CodeGenerator versions (through the code window or the .java file), I see the below differences:
When unzipped in UNIX - CodeGenerator version 4.2.3r67267
After importing in Talend Studio - CodeGenerator version 5.4.2r117442.
Does anybody have any clue what's going on?
Thanks,
Deepu.

Re: Issue with Exponential notation between Talend package versions

Hi Deepu,
On which official build version you created a job with a delimited output file? Have you tried to use studio 6.0 to see if this issue repro?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm a newbie to Talend, so not sure where to look for the "official version". The baseline job from UNIX server was created more than an year back - so not sure about the other details.
But currently the Talend Designer version is 5.4.2r117442.
Also haven't tried the Talend Designer version 6.0.
Are you aware of any such issues in 5.4.2?
Thanks again!
Deepu.

Hi,
We didn't find a related jira issue on studio 5.4.2. Would you mind making a testing on latest build version 6.x to see if this issue repro?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.