I have an xlsx input file with a date field format "dd/MM/yyyy".
If I open the fie with Excel, I have the correct date, like "25/01/2018".
However, When using tFileInputExcel component to use this file in Talend Job, this same value transforms itself, with no component to do so in someting like, "02/01/0020"
I'm not sure where the problem is here and I've no idea where to go from there as it corrupt the whole job
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for the quick answer.
If it was a csv file I could, but if I try with xlsx file, it's appears completely encrypted on notepad++
I tried to save xlsx file to csv manually and then open with notepad++ and the format appears correctly. Unfortunaltely I can't do that for the job as it'll have to run daily and I will not have access to input before it arrives in job.
I tried to change tFileInputExcel schema from Date to string ans see what the content is in tlogRog, and it appears like this 2/25/18 instead of 02/25/2018 which may be the source of this issue.
Talend named a Leader.
Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.
Watch the recorded webinar!
This video will show you how to add context parameters to a job in Talend Cloud
This video will show you how to run a job in Studio and then publish that job to Talend Cloud
This video will help someone new to using Talend Studio get started by connecting to Talend Cloud and fetching the Studio License