Issue with Date in tfileInputExcel

Highlighted
Six Stars

Issue with Date in tfileInputExcel

Hello,

I have an xlsx input file with a date field format "dd/MM/yyyy".

If I open the fie with Excel, I have the correct date, like "25/01/2018". 

However, When using tFileInputExcel component to use this file in Talend Job, this same value transforms itself, with no component to do so in someting like, "02/01/0020"

I'm not sure where the problem is here and I've no idea where to go from there as it corrupt the whole job

Regards,

C.

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Issue with Date in tfileInputExcel

Hello,

Now that I know that the Date format Talend gets in input isn't the one I actually see in my excel file, I'm able to get the format I want with a simple parseDate.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

C.

All Replies
Forteen Stars

Can you open excel file in notepad++ and check the date format and specify the same format in job too
Manohar B
Don't forget to give kudos/accept the solution when a replay is helpful.
Six Stars

Hello,

Thanks for the quick answer.

If it was a csv file I could, but if I try with xlsx file, it's appears completely encrypted on notepad++

I tried to save xlsx file to csv manually and then open with notepad++ and the format appears correctly. Unfortunaltely I can't do that for the job as it'll have to run daily and I will not have access to input before it arrives in job.

I tried to change tFileInputExcel schema from Date to string ans see what the content is in tlogRog, and it appears like this 2/25/18 instead of 02/25/2018 which may be the source of this issue.

Regards,

C.

Forteen Stars

Yes..when you try to read as sting,you were seeing in 2/25/18 format right? Then,while generating the excel file format has not specified 02/25/2018 format.
Manohar B
Don't forget to give kudos/accept the solution when a replay is helpful.
Six Stars

Hello,

Now that I know that the Date format Talend gets in input isn't the one I actually see in my excel file, I'm able to get the format I want with a simple parseDate.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

C.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Join us live for a sneak peek!

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads