One Star

Issue while executing a job

I'm currently learning how to use TOS within the context of a study that I'm carrying out.
I created first a simple job which aims at extracting data from a database table and put it into a similarly structured table in another database.
No issue with the connection.
But I get this error message:
Execution failed : Widget is disposed
Job jobExtract2 ended at 12:10 03/08/2007.
Starting job jobExtract2 at 12:10 03/08/2007.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
nb_line_update_tMysqlOutput_1 cannot be resolved
nb_line_inserted_tMysqlOutput_1 cannot be resolved
commitCounter_tMysqlOutput_1 cannot be resolved
commitEvery_tMysqlOutput_1 cannot be resolved
nb_line_tMysqlOutput_1 cannot be resolved
nb_line_update_tMysqlOutput_1 cannot be resolved
nb_line_inserted_tMysqlOutput_1 cannot be resolved
nb_line_deleted_tMysqlOutput_1 cannot be resolved
at bi_.jobextract2.jobExtract2.tMysqlInput_1Process(jobExtract2.java:211)
at bi_.jobextract2.jobExtract2.main(jobExtract2.java:371)

I don't understand what it means.
I then tried to put the data into an Excel file, this time, I didn't get any error message but although the output file "out.xls" gets created, it is empty.
Here are my problems.

This is urgent as I need to come to a decision about the tool very soon.
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Issue while executing a job

Salut,
peux tu poster un screenshot de ton job et de ton tMySQLOutput stp ? (image upload)
(Il s'agit d'un forum internationnal donc en anglais ^^ )
Cordialement
Ben
One Star

Voici mon job avec les propriétés de la source et de la cible

Donnez moi votre adresse mail je vous envoies les impressions écrans en attachées car je n'arrive pas à les copier dans mon message.
Community Manager

Hi Moussa,

This forum is meant to be international.
If you want to get help from members of the Talend team and from many non-French speaking users, who may have experienced the same issue as you, please make the effort to post in English.
Also, note that as long as you are logged in as "Guest" only, you won't be able to post any screenshot.
Please register through the Login button (right side of the bar of menus) to access all features of this forum.

Can you provide us with the version of TOS you are using? and the generation language you chose to work with (Java I suppose?)?
If you work with Java, did you make sure that the type and length of database columns match your database requirements?
One test, would be first to extract data from your database table as you are doing, and output it to the console using the tLogRow as output component. To check whether the extract operation is carried out well or not.
Hope this helps,
Elisa
One Star

Thanks for the interest with my problem
at first, here is my job properties:
tMySQLInput_1
property type Repository, repository (MySQL):food
Host 172.27.18.229 port 3306 database foodmart
username mabdou password mabdou
schema type repository DB(Mysql):food-employee
query type built-in
query "select * from employee
encoding type 8859-15
tLogRow_1
schema built-in
field separator "|"
I have had the folowing error

Execution failed : Widget is disposed
Job Extract ended at 16:51 06/08/2007.
Starting job Extract at 16:51 06/08/2007.
employee_id full_name first_name last_name position_id position_title store_id department_id birth_date hire_date end_date salary supervisor_id education_level marital_status gender management_role
Exception in component tMysqlInput_1
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "1961-08-26"
at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:337)
at bi_.extract.Extract.tMysqlInput_1Process(Extract.java:402)
at bi_.extract.Extract.main(Extract.java:822)
Hi Moussa,

This forum is meant to be international.
If you want to get help from members of the Talend team and from many non-French speaking users, who may have experienced the same issue as you, please make the effort to post in English.
Also, note that as long as you are logged in as "Guest" only, you won't be able to post any screenshot.
Please register through the Login button (right side of the bar of menus) to access all features of this forum.

Can you provide us with the version of TOS you are using? and the generation language you chose to work with (Java I suppose?)?
If you work with Java, did you make sure that the type and length of database columns match your database requirements?
One test, would be first to extract data from your database table as you are doing, and output it to the console using the tLogRow as output component. To check whether the extract operation is carried out well or not.
Hope this helps,
Elisa
Community Manager

Hi Moussa,
Obviously the error comes from the date format:
Exception in component tMysqlInput_1
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "1961-08-26"

Check the pattern of the "dates" column set in your tMysqlInput table schema.
In the Date Pattern column, set the pattern in order to reflect the actual table format.
HTH,
Elisa
One Star

You've raison,
I have a pb on date format. In my table, i have two formats of date AAAA-MM-JJ-HH-MM-SS and AAAA-MM-JJ. both is not accepted in my job. So the solution is to unselect date columns for the input.
What i want to know, whitout inhibing these columns how can i correct this pb ?
Best regargs
Employee

Hello,
Date pattern are described in this article : http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
in your case, it would be "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"
and : "yyyy-MM-dd"
Regards,
Michaël.
Community Manager

Hi,
I suppose you could adapt some routine to your need and use it in a tMap to homegenise the dates on your DB tables.
Check out the Code>Routines folder of the Repository, and see whether the default routines offered in TOS could address (even partly) your need.
Else, search the forum for "dates" or "Date pattern", there should be similar experiences that might help you.
Cheers,
Elisa