Five Stars

Issue when trying to delete an Execution plan

Hello,
In Talend 5.0.2, I cannot delete an execution plan. When I directly try to delete the plan (left pannel), I don't have any error message, but the plan is still present after refresh. When I try to delete it's tasks first (right pannel), I've got the following error message:
Warning500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details
Any idea why? (and which log is this message related to?)
Thanks.
Regards.
Alexis
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Issue when trying to delete an Execution plan

Hi Alexis
Please show us the error log.
A screenshot of your operation is preferred.
Regards,
Pedro
Five Stars

Here are screenshots! Where do I find the error log?
The error message shows up when I try to delete task from an execution plan:
Step 1: open execution plan page
Step 2: choose a task and click on Delete (validate the next window to remove the node : see second picture below)
Step 3: the error message "Warning500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details" shows up!

And when I try to delete the whole plan, nothing happens:
Step 1: open execution plan page
Step 2: choose a plan and click on Delete (validate both window to remove the plan and remove logs and archive : see second picture below)
Step 3: the message "Delete done" shows up! However, the plan is still there.

One Star

Hi
Thanks for your feedback.
You might find error log under <Tomcat Intallation dir>\logs\catalina.xxx.log.
Regards,
Pedro
Five Stars

Hi,
thanks, unfortunately, I don't have logs in that directory (I mean, I do have logs, but nothing related to this issue: time doesn't correspond at all).
This is the last error I have in the localhost.2012-05-03.log (but I try to delete the objects at 10:00) :
3 mai 2012 09:44:13 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
GRAVE: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method 'public abstract void org.talend.gwtadministrator.client.executionplan.services.ExecutionPlanService.deleteExecutionPlanPart(org.talend.gwtadministrator.client.executionplan.model.ExecutionPlanPartBean,boolean) throws org.talend.gwttoolkit.client.exception.ClientBusinessException' threw an unexpected exception: org.talend.gwttoolkit.client.exception.ClientSystemException: !!!Cannot flush and commit transaction.!!!
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.encodeResponseForFailure(RPC.java:378)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:581)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:207)
at org.talend.gwttoolkit.server.TalendRemoteServiceServlet.processCall(TalendRemoteServiceServlet.java:81)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.LoggedAndLicenseCheckRemoteServiceServlet.processCall(LoggedAndLicenseCheckRemoteServiceServlet.java:36)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:243)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.talend.gwttoolkit.client.exception.ClientSystemException: !!!Cannot flush and commit transaction.!!!
at org.talend.gwttoolkit.server.TalendRemoteServiceServlet.processException(TalendRemoteServiceServlet.java:63)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.executionplan.services.ExecutionPlanServiceImpl.deleteExecutionPlanPart(ExecutionPlanServiceImpl.java:149)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:562)
... 19 more