Issue when trying to delete an Execution plan

Nine Stars

Issue when trying to delete an Execution plan

Hello,
In Talend 5.0.2, I cannot delete an execution plan. When I directly try to delete the plan (left pannel), I don't have any error message, but the plan is still present after refresh. When I try to delete it's tasks first (right pannel), I've got the following error message:
Warning500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details
Any idea why? (and which log is this message related to?)
Thanks.
Regards.
Alexis
One Star

Re: Issue when trying to delete an Execution plan

Hi Alexis
Please show us the error log.
A screenshot of your operation is preferred.
Regards,
Pedro
Nine Stars

Here are screenshots! Where do I find the error log?
The error message shows up when I try to delete task from an execution plan:
Step 1: open execution plan page
Step 2: choose a task and click on Delete (validate the next window to remove the node : see second picture below)
Step 3: the error message "Warning500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details" shows up!

And when I try to delete the whole plan, nothing happens:
Step 1: open execution plan page
Step 2: choose a plan and click on Delete (validate both window to remove the plan and remove logs and archive : see second picture below)
Step 3: the message "Delete done" shows up! However, the plan is still there.

One Star

Hi
Thanks for your feedback.
You might find error log under <Tomcat Intallation dir>\logs\catalina.xxx.log.
Regards,
Pedro
Nine Stars

Hi,
thanks, unfortunately, I don't have logs in that directory (I mean, I do have logs, but nothing related to this issue: time doesn't correspond at all).
This is the last error I have in the localhost.2012-05-03.log (but I try to delete the objects at 10:00) :
3 mai 2012 09:44:13 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
GRAVE: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method 'public abstract void org.talend.gwtadministrator.client.executionplan.services.ExecutionPlanService.deleteExecutionPlanPart(org.talend.gwtadministrator.client.executionplan.model.ExecutionPlanPartBean,boolean) throws org.talend.gwttoolkit.client.exception.ClientBusinessException' threw an unexpected exception: org.talend.gwttoolkit.client.exception.ClientSystemException: !!!Cannot flush and commit transaction.!!!
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.encodeResponseForFailure(RPC.java:378)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:581)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:207)
at org.talend.gwttoolkit.server.TalendRemoteServiceServlet.processCall(TalendRemoteServiceServlet.java:81)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.LoggedAndLicenseCheckRemoteServiceServlet.processCall(LoggedAndLicenseCheckRemoteServiceServlet.java:36)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:243)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.talend.gwttoolkit.client.exception.ClientSystemException: !!!Cannot flush and commit transaction.!!!
at org.talend.gwttoolkit.server.TalendRemoteServiceServlet.processException(TalendRemoteServiceServlet.java:63)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.executionplan.services.ExecutionPlanServiceImpl.deleteExecutionPlanPart(ExecutionPlanServiceImpl.java:149)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:562)
... 19 more

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema