Issue when trying to build a job

One Star

Issue when trying to build a job

Hi All, 
I have an issue when I try to build a job, the error message is :
Detail Message: The method getString(int, String) in the type PreparedStatement is not applicable for the arguments (int, Date) There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors
At least job "Contracts" has a compile errors, please fix and export again.
Error Line: 2151
Detail Message: The method setString(int, String) in the type PreparedStatement is not applicable for the arguments (int, Date)
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.JobErrorsChecker.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(JobErrorsChecker.java:281)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.JobErrorsChecker.checkExportErrors(JobErrorsChecker.java:168)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.checkExportProcess(DefaultRunProcessService.java:306)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.checkExportProcess(RunProcessService.java:243)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.action.JobExportAction.exportJobScript(JobExportAction.java:187)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.action.JobExportAction.run(JobExportAction.java:117)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1008)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.finish(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1408)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.finish(JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.java:1649)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizard.performFinish(JobScriptsExportWizard.java:126)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:811)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:430)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
May I have your help, please.
Thanks in advance.
Malek.
Seventeen Stars

Re: Issue when trying to build a job

Check if you have installed at least Java 7.
Open the studio preferences and open Java->Installed JRE and use the Add button. Choose here the home directory of your installed JRE (best choice is Java 7).
This way you prevent Talend Open Studio from self detecting and sets a valid runtime JVM which is definitely compatible.
One Star

Hijlolling,
Thanks for your reply, I checked the configuration and the Java 7 is already configured.

Thanks.
Malek.
One Star

Hi All,
Now I have this error message : Detail Message: Type mismatch: cannot convert from Character to String
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.
May I have your help, please.
Thanks,
Malek.
One Star

Hi All,
I found how to resolve the issue, I changed the type of a column from char to String, and now it's ok.
Thanks,
Malek.