Issue in starting Talend open studio for Big Data in Windows server

Highlighted
Seven Stars

Issue in starting Talend open studio for Big Data in Windows server

Hi,

I am unable to launch Talend Open Studio for Big Data in Windows server. Getting stuck by showing "fetching available TaCoKit configurations". Please help us to resolve this issue.

S/w: Talend Open Studio Big Data v.7.1.1

talend_issue.JPG

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issue in starting Talend open studio for Big Data in Windows server

Hello @Vibin_CT,

Please check the content of your host file (for windows, it should be c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts)
Maybe localhost is not defined. 

Here exists a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-20639 and it is set as rejected.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Forteen Stars

google_search.PNG

Hi,

usually - I calm and patient, some time I have humor senses ... sometime, until peoples banned in google not start to write private messages for me before try to do anything !!!! :-)

https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Cant-launtch-TOS-DI-Fetching-available-Taco...

-----------
Seven Stars

Hi @vapukov,

Thanks for your valuable time to reply on this.

I have already gone through the link before posting the query into community. Smiley Happy

Solution provided in that link is not clear (as per me) and he is saying that it related to proxy, but didn't provide exact problem.

What needs to be checked at Proxy level? what should be changed/checked the Talend studio level? Due to all  this, I have raised the query in community.

And also, we are working in Prod server (Windows server 2012) and we have already using Talend DI 6.3v there is no such issue happened yet. Due to some new Big Data load requirement, we have to install Talend BD s/w.

NB: Since this is a prod server, I can't approach our infra team without having exact information, so if you have any idea on this, please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Vibin_CT,

Please check the content of your host file (for windows, it should be c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts)
Maybe localhost is not defined. 

Here exists a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-20639 and it is set as rejected.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

View solution in original post

Seven Stars

Thanks @xdshi, now it is working perfectly! Smiley Happy

Hello

Great it is fixed. Could you please share your success story with us on community?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Seven Stars

Hi @xdshi,

I had just followed the link which you shared earlier and checked my host file.

Activated local host config (it was commented earlier) and then restarted Talend studio it worked!!! Smiley Happy

But our network team said that, the above procedure is not required normally, anyway it is working perfectly now.

Regards,

Vibin.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema