Five Stars

Issue in date cell of excel

My formula is not getting calculated in my excel output due to cell format issue. Please see the attached, Talend is generating the output in excel in which the date cell is having the format as "GENERAL" whereas if i changed the format to "Custom" (see the attached) then its working fine. 

Please suggest how to populate the result in excel with this ("Custom") format.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issue in date cell of excel

Hello,

Could you please have a look at custom components- tFileExcel components provided by Jan Lolling's to see if it is what you are looking for?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
4 REPLIES

Hello,

Could you please have a look at custom components- tFileExcel components provided by Jan Lolling's to see if it is what you are looking for?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Its resolved already. Thanks Sab

Hello,

Would you mind sharing your solution on forum?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

I added 2 tMap's

Input-->tMap-->tMap-->OutputExcel

In first tMap, i changed the Date format from "YYYY-MM-DD" to "MM-DD-YYYY"

In second tMap, i changed the datatype from "Date" to "String" and it worked.

When i changed the Date format and the Datatype in 1st tMap alone, then i was getting error saying "Cant convert Date to String"