One Star

Issue in Date time pattern for dynamic schema

Hi,
I using Talend Enterprise ESB, Version: 5.3.1, Build id: r104014.
Requirement : Client will be sending us date in format "yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss" and we need to load it into date column in Database table.
We need to use dynamic schema for loading data from TfileinputDelimited -> TOracleOutput.
Date patterns are working fine for DATE type, but giving issue when we are defining dynamic schema.
Issue : For Dynamic Schema , it is working fine for dd-MMM-yyyy (28-Mar-2014), But if I try to give date with timestamp it is giving issues.
We tried many date patterns along with date pattern mentioned in ctrl+space option "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss", but still has issues.
Can you please confirm, If we can load date with time stamp format for dynamic schema.
What are the acceptable date patterns with time stamp format for dynamic schema.
Please let me know in case you need additional information from my side on this issue.
Appreciate your response in this matter,
Thanks in Advance.
3 REPLIES

Re: Issue in Date time pattern for dynamic schema

Hi,
Have you already check the KB article about TalendHelpCenter:How to process changing data structure?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xdshi,
Thanks for your response, But I have already checked the mentioned article for dynamic schemas.
I am able to use Dynamic schema for date pattern "dd-MMM-yyyy" and it is working fine.
My issue is when I try to use Dynamic schema for date pattern with time stamp "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss" or any other date pattern with time stamp. It does not give desired result.
I found 2-3 JIRA issues suggesting that there is issue with Dynamic schema for Date with time.
Please refer below jira suggesting the same:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-21970?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:a...
Please let me know if this issue has been fixed or If there is any workaround.
Appreciate your responses.
Thanks and Regards,

Hi,
Would you mind opening a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that our colleagues from support team will check your issue to see if it is possible to give you a patch for your issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.