One Star

Issue importing projects from TOS 3.2.0 to TIS 3.1.4

Hi all,
I'm not able to import my projects created using TOS 3.2.0 to TIS 3.1.4 (I used both Export Items and Export Job Scripts option to export projects on TOS). Here are the issues:
ISSUE 1)
On TIS 3.1.4 create a new local project, then press: ?Repository? ? ?Job Designs? ??Import Items? (Right click on mouse) ? select the File Archive
It is not possible to import the existing projects: the item List is empty (see attached picture: ?PIC1.jpg?), different Errors/Warning appears.

ISSUE 2)
An issue also appears if the existing project is imported using Import existing project(s) as local function on TIS 3.1.4.
Select ?Import existing project(s) as local function? and press GO ? insert a Project name and select the archive with the project
The following error message appears ?Selected folder is not a Talend Integration Suite project (see picture: ?PIC2.jpg?)
2 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Issue importing projects from TOS 3.2.0 to TIS 3.1.4

Hi all,
I'm not able to import my projects created using TOS 3.2.0 to TIS 3.1.4 (I used both Export Items and Export Job Scripts option to export projects on TOS). Here are the issues:
ISSUE 1)
On TIS 3.1.4 create a new local project, then press: ?Repository? ? ?Job Designs? ??Import Items? (Right click on mouse) ? select the File Archive
It is not possible to import the existing projects: the item List is empty and different Errors/Warning appears (saying unknown task(s).

ISSUE 2)
An issue also appears if the existing project is imported using Import existing project(s) as local function on TIS 3.1.4.
Select ?Import existing project(s) as local function? and press GO ? insert a Project name and select the archive with the project
The following error message appears ?Selected folder is not a Talend Integration Suite project.

Can someone help me to resolve this issue?
Thank you very much
BR
Antonio
Employee

Re: Issue importing projects from TOS 3.2.0 to TIS 3.1.4

Hello,
It won't be possible to import from a higher version (3.2) to a lower version (3.1.4) because of ascending compatibility (the opposite is possible lower version to higher).
You can request to talend support an upgrade to TIS 3.2.1 and you should be able to import your projects.
regards,
Benjamin