One Star

Issue Installing SAP within 4.2.1

Hi,
I am evaluating Talend (4.2.1) and is having the following issues with his SAP Connection;
I have installed the product but cannot create a SAP connection, having tried both SAP JCO versions (jco 2 & jco 3)
I have the SAP front end installed (GUI client) installed and this is enough when I run other tools to be able to connect to SAP. Tools that I tested so far typically use librfc32 from SAP, as they do not have any other ?native libraries? !
What native libraries are the software referring to here, and canyou provide them?
i've also attached screenshots of the Error Messages.
Any help will be greatly be appreciated!
Kind Regards,
Gary.
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Issue Installing SAP within 4.2.1

Hi
For jco2.1.8/jco2.1.9,
1. Put sapjcofc.dll and librfc32.dll in c:/windows/system32.
2. Put sapjco.jar into <Studio installation direcotry>/lib/java.
3. Restart studio.
For jco3,
1. Put sapjco3.dll in c:/windows/system32.
2. Put sapjco.jar into <Studio installation direcotry>/lib/java.
3. Restart studio.
or read the file readme.txt included in the SAP JCO archive file and follows the steps to install it.
About the SAP JCO and its native libraries, you should contact your SAP provider and request them.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Dear Shong,
Thanks for your response and help - I did try this however I need the 64bit version of a file and our local IT guys didn?t have it nor did they didn?t know whom to contact to get it.
Do you know where else I could download them from? If it is possible I would really appreciate it.
Kind Regards,
Gary,
One Star

Hi Shong,
Are you able to advise at all?
Thanks and Regards,
Gary.
Community Manager

hi
Talend Studio does not include the SAP Java connector (JCO), it is usually delivered by your SAP provider. You can also download it from the SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/connectors. If you have any problems obtaining it, please contact your SAP provider.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business