Seven Stars

Issue In Restful Service

Hi,

I am trying to access results from restful service. Here is my design

tRestClient_1 > tExtractJsonFields_1 > tLogRow_1

My JSON in response in following format

{"staff":[{"FirstName":"Tarunjit","LastName":"Chhatwal"},{"FirstName":"Sachin","LastName":"Tomar"}]}

If is use following job design then I could json in console. It means my restful service is working fine.

tRestClient_1 > tLogRow_1

When I add tExtractJsonFields as mentioned above then json doesn’t show in console. Please find attached component properties for > tExtractJsonFields_1.

Can someone please help me on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Issue In Restful Service

Hi Tarunjit,

If you have't already, go into tRestClient in the Component->Advanced Settings tab, and uncheck the option "Convert Response To DOM Document".  This will allow the response to show up in the Response Schema's "string" field.

Also, make sure you haven't changed the default built-in schema in tRestClient.  Your response schema should have the original fields 'statusCode', 'body', and 'string'.  If a different schema has been pushed into tRestClient, you may want to drop a new copy of the component and configure that one.

I hope that helps.

2 REPLIES
Seven Stars

In continuation to my previous comment. Please find attached schema.

Employee

Hi Tarunjit,

If you have't already, go into tRestClient in the Component->Advanced Settings tab, and uncheck the option "Convert Response To DOM Document".  This will allow the response to show up in the Response Schema's "string" field.

Also, make sure you haven't changed the default built-in schema in tRestClient.  Your response schema should have the original fields 'statusCode', 'body', and 'string'.  If a different schema has been pushed into tRestClient, you may want to drop a new copy of the component and configure that one.

I hope that helps.