Iseries jdbc

Five Stars

Iseries jdbc

Hi,

I've developed a project on Talend 5.3 which import data from Iseries via jdbc.

It's all ok. Now I've imported this project on 6.1 version and I've some issue with the retrieve schema on Db Connection. When I try to retrieve the list of physical files and logical files on Iseries, Talend show me only the TABLE objects.

On 5.3 the same function return all the objects of my iseries library.

Someone has  a tip?

Thanks.

Armando

Re: Iseries jdbc

Hello,

Talend Studio requires specific third-party Java libraries or database drivers (.jar files) to be installed to connect to sources and targets.

Those libraries or database drivers, known as external modules, may be required by some of Talend components or by some connection wizards or by both. Due to license restrictions, Talend may not be able to ship some of these external modules within Talend Studio since 6.0.

Have you tried to install required external module for your Studio to functional properly?

Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi,

I've the same module jt400_V5R3, installed both 5.3 and 6.5 (see the screenshot).

The connection to the Db is ok but when retrieve the schema the 6.5 lacks of many objects of my as4000 library. 

Thanks.

Regards.

talend_5_3.jpgtalend_6_5.jpg 

Hello,

Have you tried to install your jt400_V5R3 into V 6.5 studio manually to see if it is OK with you?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Before I must uninstall the external module?

The button remove external jar is disabled.

Hello,

Do you want to uninstall  jt400_V6R1 from your studio V 6.5.1 firstly and then install jt400_V5R3 instead? Could you please clarify your job requirement?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

I've already installed  jt400_V6R1 and jt400_V5R3  and both give me the same result.

To install them I've used the wizard when I configure the connection to as400.

I have to try to install manually? If yes, how?

Hello,

Please refer to this on line document about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules.

Best regards

Sabrina

--