One Star

Is there way to find the dependency?

I am finding the job flow and jobs and each component.
So job are nested, the component such as db connection / file connection are registered as metadata.
Is there any way to find the dependency?
For example, Job A is included some other jobs and find all jobs use Job A as a components.
(All Parents jobs, and if possible all parents and grand parents job using that job/component)
Also find all jobs use DB Connection A in metadata.
I see job hier , it just merely show it own job. If I click job hier of Job A, I only see Job A.
Also Is there any way I can view all grand child job, (Of course, I can see direct child job and component)
4 REPLIES
Seven Stars

Re: Is there way to find the dependency?

You can find where any repository item is used (jobs, contexts, metadata etc) by right-clicking and selecting Impact Analysis but it doesn't extend to grandparents.
One Star

Hi Alevy
Thank you.
I can now see the parents job.
I attempt to do the same on the db connection table schema.
I do not see any result.
Each Output / Input job set the table name,
I also wondering if there is any way to find out which job is accessing the table as INPUT or OUTPUT
(Either from TIS Tool or checking the server/repository database)
Thank you
Seven Stars

Impact Analysis will show where a repository schema is used but if you are using a built-in schema for the same table then it will not be picked up.
You can also grep your jobs' .item files in your workspace for references to field or table names but it's not very friendly.
One Star

Alevy
Thank you.
I found it by text search tool inside the workspace. I agree that it is not user friendly,
however, it is far better and more efficient than to keep browsing hundreds of job on TIS GUI each time.
Hope the good search/analysis tool/function added in the future on TIS tool.