Is there an UTF8 encoding type with BOM?

One Star

Is there an UTF8 encoding type with BOM?

Hi,
several file-components like tFileInputDelimeted allow to set a custom encoding type like "windows-1252" or "UTF-8". Talend uses "UTF-8" without BOM. Is there an UTF8 encoding type with BOM?
One Star

Re: Is there an UTF8 encoding type with BOM?

Is there any anserer?
I'm wondering too.

Hi,
There is an option "Custom" in Encoding part. But I'm not sure it can work well. We don't do that before and just use UTF-8 without bom. You can try to set the part as UTF bom. see pic
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Can you please post the settings for tFileOutputDelimited component UTF-8 with BOM encoding? The picture from the last post explaining the custom encoding settings is not available.
Thanks in advance
Michael

Hi,
Here is a related forum: http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16275
Please see the pic
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I am receiving an unsupported encoding exception using "UTF-BOM".  Can you please confirm the string of the encoding type?

Starte Job J037_Gesamt am 10:28 22/09/2014.
connecting to socket on port 3508
connected
Exception in component tFileOutputDelimited_4
java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException: UTF-BOM
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.forOutputStreamWriter(Unknown Source)
at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
at prm.j037_konto_gesamt_csv_mgrenz_0_1.J037_Konto_Gesamt_CSV_MGRENZ.tFileInputDelimited_4Process(J037_Konto_Gesamt_CSV_MGRENZ.java:5197)
at prm.j037_konto_gesamt_csv_mgrenz_0_1.J037_Konto_Gesamt_CSV_MGRENZ.runJobInTOS(J037_Konto_Gesamt_CSV_MGRENZ.java:6774)
at prm.j037_konto_gesamt_csv_mgrenz_0_1.J037_Konto_Gesamt_CSV_MGRENZ.main(J037_Konto_Gesamt_CSV_MGRENZ.java:6616)
disconnected
Job J037_Konto_Gesamt endet am 10:28 22/09/2014.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Hi
There is an option "Custom" in Encoding part. But I'm not sure it can work well. We don't do that before and just use UTF-8 without bom. You can try to set the part as UTF bom

Have you also tried the solution in the related forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Have you also tried the solution in the related forum?

Yes, but I did not manage to install the tWriteHeaderLineToFileWithBOM component. The component does not appear in the palette.
Kind regards,
Michael

Hi,
Actually, this is a custom component developed by talend community users.
You can get it from Talend Exchange Protal:

https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplacesearch:gallery=marketplace%252F1&ob=releaseDate&o=0&c=20&d=t...

then install it into talend studio TalendHelpCenter:Installing a custom component.
Best regards
Sabrina

--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
thank you for the links. I have installed the component, but I still have not managed to produce a file with BOM (see screenshot attached). It seems that the component does not write any BOM header line to the file. The review is making the same statement.
Can you please verify, how the component needs to be configured to make it work?
Thanks in advance,
Michael

Hi,
So far, talend uses "UTF-8" without BOM.
You'd better contact to the author of custom component tWriteHeaderLineToFileWithBOM directly to get a help.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Employee

Hello,
How to use tWriteHeaderLineToFileWithBOM correctly:
1. make sure the schema of the component is not empty and should be the same with the one in the following output component like tFileOutputDelimited.
2. the value in the parameter:"File Name" in the component should be the same with the one in the following output component like tFileOutputDelimited.
3. Encoding in the component should be the same with the one in the following output component like tFileOutputDelimited.
4. the following output component should have the checkbox:"append" ticked.
One Star

Hello,
thank you all for your responses. After playing around with the component for a while I chose the proposed solution with "\uFEFF" as row separator.
Kind regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,
Thanks for sharing your solution with us. Could you please mark this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--