Four Stars

Is it possible to use the output from tFTPGet to feed tFileInputDelimited?

Greetings:

I have a process that needs to download a file from an FTP server. Parse it and add the rows into a PostgreSQL database table.

Currently, my job looks like this:

tFTPGet_1 - OnSubjobOk -> tFileList_1 - iterate -> tFileInputDelimited_1 - row 1 (Main) -> tMap_1 - row 1 (Main) -> tpostgresqlOutput1Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 4.22.13 PM.pngft

tFTPGet_1 selects a file (or files) from a remove folder using a mask: "cmgcfscommfileout-*.csv" there may be more than one (but there is usually only one and we don't the the detail for the glob '*' for certian; It's a date but it might be any date). It then downloads the file into a specific folder "Downloads/Commissions/CUNA/CFS".

Currently, tFIleList_1 gets any files named "*.csv" in "Downloads/Commissions/CUNA/CFS". While this works it's not really how I'd like to do it. I'd love to send the output of tFTPGet_1 into tFileDelimited_1 directly but I don't see any global variables that I could use like in tFileList_1 (I'm using ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) to extract the filename in tFileDelimited_1 from tFileList_1. But as I said I don't see any output globals that I could use for tFTPGet_1.

Is there any way to do this?

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Paul Carrick

2 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: Is it possible to use the output from tFTPGet to feed tFileInputDelimited?

as You describe - it not supported

as I understand - main idea proceed each file sequently, without waiting while all downloaded

If Your server support not only FTP/SFTP, You can use tSCPFileList for list remote folder, and then use tSCPGet (or continue tFTPGet with file mask from variable)

-----------
Four Stars

Re: Is it possible to use the output from tFTPGet to feed tFileInputDelimited?

Thanks vapuok that is what I was afraid of. I'll try your solution.