Is it possible to pass Parent Job Global variable to Child Job without Context

Eight Stars

Is it possible to pass Parent Job Global variable to Child Job without Context

Hi All,

I have a Parent Job where I am creating 3 Global Variables in tjavarow which values I am passing to One Child Job Context. Is it possible to pass Parent Job Global Variables to Child without creating any Context in Child Job? I have attached 2 screenshots of my Job. I have completed with creating Child Job context.

Accepted Solutions
Thirteen Stars

Re: Is it possible to pass Parent Job Global variable to Child Job without Context

@abhi90 you need to create contexts to pass the global variables from parent to sub job.

Manohar B

All Replies
Eight Stars

Re: Is it possible to pass Parent Job Global variable to Child Job without Context

Hi @TRF@rhall_2_0@xdshi can u please help

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Explain your use case. Why don't you want to use context variables?

TRF
Eight Stars

Hi @TRF,
I just want to know if it possible to pass those Global Variables to Child Job without context. Basically it is the same job i posted yesterday. Where in child Job toracleinput one brand,2 date type columns is been using.
Thirteen Stars

@abhi90 you need to create contexts to pass the global variables from parent to sub job.

Manohar B
Eight Stars

Hi @manodwhb,

Thanks for clearing confusion. Smiley Happy Marking post as resolved

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.