Eight Stars

Is it possible to pass Parent Job Global variable to Child Job without Context

Hi All,

I have a Parent Job where I am creating 3 Global Variables in tjavarow which values I am passing to One Child Job Context. Is it possible to pass Parent Job Global Variables to Child without creating any Context in Child Job? I have attached 2 screenshots of my Job. I have completed with creating Child Job context.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twelve Stars

Re: Is it possible to pass Parent Job Global variable to Child Job without Context

@abhi90 you need to create contexts to pass the global variables from parent to sub job.

Manohar B
5 REPLIES
Eight Stars

Re: Is it possible to pass Parent Job Global variable to Child Job without Context

Hi @TRF@rhall_2_0@xdshi can u please help

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Explain your use case. Why don't you want to use context variables?

TRF
Eight Stars

Hi @TRF,
I just want to know if it possible to pass those Global Variables to Child Job without context. Basically it is the same job i posted yesterday. Where in child Job toracleinput one brand,2 date type columns is been using.
Twelve Stars

@abhi90 you need to create contexts to pass the global variables from parent to sub job.

Manohar B
Eight Stars

Hi @manodwhb,

Thanks for clearing confusion. Smiley Happy Marking post as resolved