Four Stars

Is it possible to do a NLP like extraction using Data Integration tool

Hi All,

I want to know whether NLP like extraction is possible with Talend Data Integration tool.

My requirement is as follows:

In an excel sheet ,I have a column named 'Description'. It is a lengthy string giving details about a product.

I have a column in DB,named 'Product Type'. Product Type can have values like Product1,Product2,Product3 etc.

I need to analyse the 'Description' field in the excel sheet and find out whether a value like Product1 or Product2 or Product3 is available in that .If its present,extract the value and populate the 'Product Type' column in DB.

Please help me to figure out the feasibility of doing  such a task using Talend DI.

Thanks,

Sreedevi

• Data Integration
5 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Is it possible to do a NLP like extraction using Data Integration tool

of corse, u can do it.

u could use the   equals or conten Equals function to realize this.

Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

IMHO, using just "equals" or "contains" methods may be a little restrictive compared from what you can expect from a NLP method.

I suggest you to include Stanford CoreNLP (or other NLP engine) in your project if you want to take advantage of a real natural language analysis tool.

TRF
Four Stars

Thanks all.

Sreedevi

Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

@sreedevi_s, let us know if it helps and what's the next step for your usecase

TRF
Four Stars

Hi,

Yes.It helped to get an idea about the steps to follow.I created a lookup table with possible values and merged it in tmap.

Thanks,

Sreedevi