Is CDC supported in Talend Data Services Platform?

Five Stars

Is CDC supported in Talend Data Services Platform?

Hi all,

I need to know if CDC (Change Data Capture) is supported in Talend Data Services Platform version 6.2.2.

If no, is there an alternative method to catch changes in db's data and propagate them to another table in real time?

Thank you very much!

Corinne

Tags (1)
Twelve Stars

Re: Is CDC supported in Talend Data Services Platform?

Hi Corrine!

if answering with same level of information - Yes and Yes

is it help You? ;-)

first check documentation - what types of CDC supported by Talend and for what type of Databases

than compare it with Your (for 200% I do not want even try to guess - what are You using! :-) )

by the way - some topics for CDC already on forum

-----------
Five Stars

Excuse me, I have not too much details about which db is used, but I think it is PostgreSQL.
I searched for some documentation about CDC and Talend Data Services Platform but I didn't find anything useful (maybe I must retry...).

Can you drive me in my research?

Thanks.
Twelve Stars

https://help.talend.com/reader/ztNTsvuA6OUYwnhO3e_YIQ/9b7C0R8M36xGKgebiP3zAw

so, PostgreSQL will be supported with trigger based CDC

for non-trigger based CDC You could also search for - PostgreSQL CDC to Kafka, first page of results would be interesting and then combine them with Talend (if need)

-----------
Five Stars

Ok, so it depends on the db that will be checked for changes (that must be the same that will be updated with changes) on data and not to the Talend Data Services Platform I'm using?

Corinne
Twelve Stars

Talend support only what described in doc

for PostgreSQL (or any trigger based supported DB) it very easy for test, it take not too much time

but:

1. Trigger based logic You can always realise Your self

2. You can check other solutions which read logs and create kafka events and parse Kafka with Talend

Just go from Your real needs, what You exactly need todo, then choose most proper way

-----------
Five Stars

Hi vapukov,

I'm able to tell you that the interested database is MS SQL Server, 11.0.3128 (2012 SP1) while the

Talend version is Talend Data Services Platform Version: 6.2.2 Build id: 20170124_1318.

Can you tell me where I can check if this version of Talend and MS SQL Server are supported by CDC?

Thank you very much!

Corinne

Five Stars

Hi vapukov,

I'm able to tell you that the database is MS SQL Server 11.0.3128 (2012 SP1) with a configuration "AlwaysOn High Availability", while the Talend version is Talend Data Services Platform Version: 6.2.2.

Can you tell me where I can check to know if this particuliar version of MS SQL Server and Talend support CDC?

Thank you very much!
Corinne