One Star

Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

When I try to access an oracle database using the ToracleInput object through a vpn (CISCO).
I got the following message
Database connection is failed.
Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
I use exactly the same parameters with an othe jdbc tool (dbvisualizer) without any problem.
Does anyone has an idea ?
Thanks
Philippe
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Whats the version you are using?
One Star

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using Talend Open Studio 3.0.3.r21383. Any luck on solving this?
One Star

I am also having this problem. I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database through a SonicWALL vpn. I have Talend v3.0.2. I have no trouble connecting when I am directly connected to the network, but cannot connect through the vpn. I have no trouble with any of my SQL Server databases. Does anybody have any suggestios?
Five Stars

Hummm... I'm having this problem as well using TIS 3.0.4 connecting to Oracle via Cisco VPN...
And I know it's not my connection because accessing the database via Aqua Data Studio works fine.
- Brian
One Star

My problem turned out to be a local firewall policy set up in Trend Micro, established by the IT department for notebooks that weren't on trusted networks (i.e., over the VPN but on an outside network). Once they changed the policy for me, I was able to connect to Oracle via the VPN.
One Star

Hi All,
I am facing the same issue in connecting to database though Talend when I am on my company's VPN. It gives "The IO exception: Network adapter could not establish the connection". When I disconnect VPN and try to connect directly it gets connected. Even on vpn I can connect to db directly from command prompt or toad, its only giving issue connecting though Talend.
Please let me know if you have any info on how this issue can be resolved.
Thanks
Swati
One Star

I am getting the same issue. I am using a VMware desktop and SQL Developer conncts fine, but Talend gives error.
Doesn anybody have a solution?
One Star

Please check out this post
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=34235#p34235
Corrected the issue for me