One Star

Invalid string or buffer length error when using Access DB

Talend Platform for Data Management 5.4.1
Java
Access 2010
Hi,
I'm receiving the following error when I attempt to output to an access database (and it occurs periodically when I attempt to read from an Access database.
Exception in component tAccessOutput_1
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid string or buffer length
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLBindInParameterString(Unknown Source)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.setChar(Unknown Source)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.setString(Unknown Source)
at redcap_integration.pedsql_0_1.PedSql.tAccessInput_1Process(PedSql.java:2025)
at redcap_integration.pedsql_0_1.PedSql.tOracleInput_1Process(PedSql.java:4624)
at redcap_integration.pedsql_0_1.PedSql.runJobInTOS(PedSql.java:4890)
at redcap_integration.pedsql_0_1.PedSql.main(PedSql.java:4713)
The error is not consistent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
9 REPLIES

Re: Invalid string or buffer length error when using Access DB

Hi,
What's your OS version 64 bit/32 bit? And your odbc driver?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit with the 64-bit driver (%systemdrive%\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe) according to Microsoft (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2721825/EN-US ).

Hi,
Could you open a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that our colleagues from support team can give you a remote assistance so see if it is a bug.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am interested in the resolution of this issue.  I am experiencing the same issue.  The job will error out in TAC but when I run in TIS, even on the same box, it runs fine.  Rerun in TAC and it might run, might error.

Hi,
Can you allocate more memory for one job to see if it is OK with you? You can modify it in TAC->Job Conductor->JVM parameters.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I have never done that but am able to navigate there in TAC.  What does the JVM entry look like? 
Thank you in advance for any help.
Amy
One Star

I was able to search and find what I think was the entries I needed.  The job still fails in TAC, but not TIS.  I will attach a screen shot of the entries I created.  I am not sure what each is doing as I do not know Java but based on what I saw on the Talend page I found, I think I did it right?

One Star

I tried larger values too.  Same result.  I can run the job in TIS on that same server without issue.  It's just when run in TAC that it is inconsistent.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.  Here is my last attempt.

Hi,

We would suggest you to connect to the Support portal: https://support.talend.com/otrs/customer.pl and log your request, so that we treat it with priority, through the support cycle.

Best regards
Sabrina
--