One Star

Integration/unit testing for Jobs

Hello,
I have a job which have several filters and some error handling.
I would like to have some integration testing on my Jobs.
In fact it is not complicated it reads file in directories, output some result: positive results, error, file generated, etc ?
I have defined a number of test case and I would like compare the test run with expected result.
I did read
http://blog.nanthrax.net/2013/10/talend-esb-continous-integration-part1-using-camel-test-kit/
and
http://blog.nanthrax.net/2013/10/talend-esb-continous-integration-part2-maven-and-commandline/
But could not see a way to do such things with for Jobs ?
Is it possible, do you have some example?
Integration test, unit test is really important in any development environment, what is you advise to tackle such issues.
Best Regards,
Francois
4 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Integration/unit testing for Jobs

You could use the exported job in your jUnit tests. A job can be called as command from from OS or you use the libraries and call from the entry class runInTos(String[] contextArgs)
One problem remains, in the Open Source release there is currently no way to build the job outside the studio.
One Star

Ok I might be able to call the job from outside, but how I compare the result with some expected result.
I cannot compare the file generated (I generate PDF) but usually (in other development tool) I make Junit tests to call this unit and compare the output (before pdf generation) of this unit using different use cases according the expected result.
I do not want something fancy, only to be able to test parts of my jobs (of course continuous integration would be the ultimate goal)
Seventeen Stars

In this case you have to split your job into a job what create a comparable result and a job what creates the PDF file.
One Star

Well well, is there a way to get the schema values at run-time from outside?
Or the only way of doing that is to dump in a file and read the content of the file with a Talend Test Job?