One Star

Installing external jars

Hi alle,
I'm trying to connect to a myasl database for ETL processing but TOS fails to install the mysql connector.
How can I install the Mysql JDBC Connector?
regards sebastiano
5 REPLIES

Re: Installing external jars

Hi,
You can get the MySql driver jar file from <Talend studio install path>/plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.1.2.r90681\components\tMySqlInput.
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

i have just searched the folders, there are some mysql components within the plugins but nowhere i could find the mysql connector...
i am working on ubuntu and hav a global Java class path including my drivers, why could TOS not use the installed global jars?

Hi,
Talend can use the external module but you should install them into talend first.
Here it is a related reference about How to install external modules
BTW, see the pics, is it a mysql connector jar file what you needed?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

needs each component its own mysql-jar?
yes I missthis jar.
regards sma

Hi,
needs each component its own mysql-jar?
yes I missthis jar.

Not each component need mysql-jar, but the MySql DB connection and tMySQLxxx component need it. In addition, Talend studio provide the mysql-connector-java.jar file by default in your <Talend studio install path>/plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.1.2.r90681\components\tMySqlInput. Try to find it in your tMySqlInput component.
Btw, I have used the Talend open studio for Data Integration TOS_DI-r95165-V5.2.1 and found the mysql-connector-java.jar file in <TOS_DI-r95165-V5.2.1>\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.2.1.r95165\components\tMysqlInput.
Best regards
Sabrina
--