Installing Container as service

One Star

Installing Container as service

I have everything running and have a testjob which I can succesfully run in Talend.
Now I started the server-side container from a cmd prompt and I can call my test service, so everything still works, I switched to port 8040 as described.
But now, I want to run this as a Windows service. I executed the steps as mentioned in the container AG and installed the service. I didn't see any errors or other mismatches to the documentation and the service starts as expected, but nothing is running on port 8040.
Did I miss any steps?
how can I troubleshoot this? is there some logging I can switch on?
any suggestions to solve this?

Edit:
when starting the container from commandline I can connect using the client.bat, but when starting it as a service I cannot connect and get the error "Failed to get the session." while the service seems to be running.
Employee

Re: Installing Container as service

hi,
which version you installed (5.1.1? ) , and on Windows or Linux platform?
One Star

Yes, 5.1.1 on Windows.
Employee

Just installed wrapper and start service successfully on my Win 7, 64bit, Java 6 u34 and TESB_SE-V5.1.1 release.
Steps (also following the doc):
karaf@trun> features:install wrapper
karaf@trun> wrapper:install -s AUTO_START -n TALEND-ESB-CONTAINER511 -d Talend-ESB-Container -D "Talend ESB Container Service"
D:\TESB_SE-V5.1.1\container\bin>TALEND-ESB-CONTAINER511-service.bat install
wrapper | Talend-ESB-Container installed.
D:\TESB_SE-V5.1.1\container\bin>net start "TALEND-ESB-CONTAINER511"
then, check with netstat command:
TCP 0.0.0.0:8040 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 2744
the port 8040 is listening and http://localhost:8040/services/ also works.
Xilai
One Star

Yes, exactly what I did.
After starting the service I cannot start the container from commandline, so it seems to be running. On the other hand I cannot connect to it with the client.
Is there any way to enable logging on this?
Employee

log file: container/log/wrapper.log
maybe you can edit etc/TALEND-ESB-CONTAINER511-wrapper.conf to configure some properties for wrapper.