One Star

Inserting into multiple tables

Hi,
We are reading delimited file which contains around 50 attributes in a row. We need to insert this into multiple tables. I have a map in which all the data is loaded. We are using oracle database and each table has primary key which is an oracle sequence. In some tables there are no relation and i can use additional coloumn in advanced settings to use the sequences as primary key. But there are few tables where PK of one table is used as FK in another. I am not sure here how to use Oracle sequence. I know that we can use builtin sequece which comes with TOS, but we can't go with that approach. Is there a way to solve this problem. Any pointers would also be a great help. Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Arul.
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Inserting into multiple tables

Hello Arul
Here is a 1488 shows you how to use oracle sequence on TOS.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks for Quick response Shong. I am able to use Oracle Sequence. The problem i am facing is after inserting the first row, i need to fetch the generated oracle sequence and use it to insert into second table. I am looking for inputs to do this. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Arul.
One Star emo
One Star

I too am having this issue. Is there a solution?
Regarding,
emo
One Star

So no solution for using Oracle's nextval from PK in one table as FK in another table? Smiley Sad