Incorrect string value: '\xC4\x90in\xC4\x91...' for column 'address'

Hi,
   I am using Mysql Workbench. When I am trying to migrate the data from one database table to another database table I am getting this Error: Incorrect string value: '\xC4\x90in\xC4\x91...' for column 'address' at row 1. 
In my source mysql database I am using "utf8" collation and the destination mysql database I am using "latin1" collation. I think it is the problem,but I don't know how to slove this problem. Need some Help. Is there I need to use any code for that?
6 REPLIES

Re: Incorrect string value: '\xC4\x90in\xC4\x91...' for column 'address'

Hi pixel.rajeshkannan,
 Have you tried to set "Additional JDBC Parameter character Encoding=UTF-8" in advanced settings of tMysqlOutput and add the "-Dfile.encoding=utf-8" to the JVM parameters to see if it works?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi,
    I added the additiional jdbc parameter character Encoding=UTF-8 . But still I am getting this Error: Incorrect string value: '\xC4\x90in\xC4\x91...' for column 'address' at row 1.   Is there any other option to slove this error?

Hi,
Did you also add "-Dfile.encoding=utf-8" to the JVM parameters?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

I also added the Dfile.encoding=utf-8" to the JVM parameters. Getting this error which is placed in the image.

Hi,
We don't get "Could not find or load main class " error after adding -Dfile.encoding=utf-8" into JVM setting. Here is "-" you are missing.
--

Hi, 
   Gettting the same error Incorrect String value Smiley Sad. I added the "-Dfile.encoding=utf-8" in the component -> advanced setting and also Run job-> advanced settings.