In tRedshiftOutput, Action on table --> Create table is not working

One Star

In tRedshiftOutput, Action on table --> Create table is not working

Hi,
Below is my job flow in which i am exracting a data from mysql, transforming it twice using tmap and creating a csv file. Now i want this csv file to be inserted in my Redshift. I do not have that table in Redshift. So i selected Action on table --> Create table in tRedshiftOutput component. But it keeps on failing stating
Exception in component tRedshiftOutput_2
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "my_csv_table" does not exist

Re: In tRedshiftOutput, Action on table --> Create table is not working

Hi,
Is there any sensitive problem of your table name in your DB component?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Dont think so. Check attached screenshot

Hi,
Have you tried option "Drop table if exists and create"?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes. I have tried create table, create table if does not exist, drop table if exists and create,. But still get same error.
This is really driving me crazy. Not sure what is wrong.

Hi,
Is your Host "redshift.amazonaws.com" Hostname or IP address of the database server?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I have shortened it here. Its rather a long name.
That should not be a problem because if the table is exsiting in Redshift, I am able to insert data successfully. Problem only occurs when table is not represent and Talend needs to create it.

Hi,
Due to PostgreSQL is case sensitive for table and column names, have you tried to use double quotes for your table name?
Have you tried another Data Base (tMySqlOutPut) to see if this issue repro? What's the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I haven't tried tmysqloutput.
I am using talend open studio for data integration
Version: 5.5.1
Build id: r118616-20140617-1110

Hi,
Due to PostgreSQL is case sensitive for table and column names, have you tried to use double quotes for your table name?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thanks for helping me.
I am sorry i did not get you. We always need to specify table name inside double quotes, which i have done. Check screenshot in my above post where i gave basic settings details.

Hi,
Could you please have a try to use "ELOQUA.SG_COUNT" as your table name to see  if it is working?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Does not work. Still same error.
Eloqua is the name of schema. I also tried removing that from the table name. But that also didn't work.
One Star

Its strange. But when I changed tRedshiftOutput component to use public schema, it worked and created table in public schema. But, when I use any other schema, it doesn't work.
Do not think there would be permission issue as I am able to create table in Redshift manually in any other schema.

Hi,
Could you use your schema (not the public one) to make Redshift DB connection successfully in DB metadata?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Yes. I can.
Four Stars

Has this been solved? I am experiencing the same problem.
What I think the problem is here, is that the schema name is missing from the table when checking.
SELECT = exists in a different schema!
INSERT . = going wrong
I think this needs a (quick) fix in the tRedshift components.
One Star

Hi,
Even i face a similar problem. The tredshiftoutput works fine in update configuration when the job has its own redshift connection. But throws error with "tablename" relation does not exist when using a shared connection of parent job. Although the tredshiftoutput component which are configured for inserts work fine in both scenarios, so i am certain that the Connection is not a problem and Also the "schema.table" relation actually exists in the database.
Is there a resolution to this or has this been resolved in any on the release. I am trying to establish a SCD2 process with redhshift being the target.
I am using Version - 5.5.1 Buid - r118616
Five Stars

Hi, we were having the same problem in the tRedshiftOutput component, and found that when we unticked the 'extend insert' option under its advanced setting, and added a row -> main after the tRedshiftOutput to a tRedshiftCommit (untick the auto close connection), then the job ran without any issues.
One Star

the same problem happened with me, thanks Lourens for the solution, that works
Hi, we were having the same problem in the tRedshiftOutput component, and found that when we unticked the 'extend insert' option under its advanced setting, and added a row -> main after the tRedshiftOutput to a tRedshiftCommit (untick the auto close connection), then the job ran without any issues.
One Star

Awesome lourens.......

I faced the same issue and ur solution worked..... Talend sucks !!!!!!!! and lourens Rockss......