Four Stars

In "Talend Data Integration" I want to create a connection using JDBC to a SharePoint Website.

In "Talend Data Integration" I want to create a connection using  a General JDBC to a SharePoint Website. I have no experience whatsoever with this type of connection.

The connection settings in Talend I have at the moment are:

• DB Type: General JDBC
  • JDBC URL: what is the URL structure for SharePoint?**
  • Driver jar: ??? (which jar-file do I need for SharePoint?)
  • Class name: ??? (which class name do I need for SharePoint?)
  • User name: *
  • Password: *
  • Mapping file: ??? (which xml-file do I need for SharePoint?)

EDIT: I am using Windows 10 on a 64-bit machine, using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration version 6.4.1 

3 REPLIES

Re: In "Talend Data Integration" I want to create a connection using JDBC to a SharePoint Website.

Hello,

The Microsoft SharePoint uses a webservice API based on AXIS. Have you tried to use tfilefetch component  to download file from SharePoint directly?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: In "Talend Data Integration" I want to create a connection using JDBC to a SharePoint Website.

Hi,

I have not tried AXIS however my requirements just changed and I no longer need to access the data from sharepoint. I need to pull data from excels stored on One Drive's Cloud based app. Do you have experience with any APIs built for One Drive or could you assist with the appropriate tfilefetch config settings for this type of connection? 

Blessed Wishes,

Dominique 

Hello,

So far, there is no a specific component for office 365 OneDrive. Here exists a new feature jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-39061

The tFileFetch component can be used to download file from SharePoint directly.  

Please follow the steps in the Component reference:TalendHelpCenter:tFileFetch

The URI looks like:

"http://<sitename>/sites/COP/Expected%20Rates/Cooper%20Oil%20Expected%20Rates%20-%20November%2013%20Final.xlsx"

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.