Importing an XML as the Output Schema for a tAdvancedFileOutputXML with same attribute id's in different tags as schema

Four Stars

Importing an XML as the Output Schema for a tAdvancedFileOutputXML with same attribute id's in different tags as schema

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to import an XML which has same attribute id in different fields as an output schema for a tAdvancedOutputXML. During the import wizard Talend reads and shows the XML properly with attributes. But when it's imported attributes are being renamed with 1...2..3 at the end. For ex:

item_list

item_list1

item_list2

Item_list3 ...etc

I have tried manually adding them as attributes as well, but outcome was the same. For ex:

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 16.26.04.png

I have attached a sample XML which i'm trying to input as the schema. Anyone else has come across this?

Thanks,

Regards,

Hasitha

Re: Importing an XML as the Output Schema for a tAdvancedFileOutputXML with same attribute id's in different tags as schema

Hello,

Maybe the 'append the source xml file' feature on tAdvacedFileOutputXML address your need?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Highlighted
Seven Stars

Re: Importing an XML as the Output Schema for a tAdvancedFileOutputXML with same attribute id's in different tags as schema

for such scenarios you can either use tAdvancedFileOutputXml more than once and check the append checkbox in every except first 

or you should make use of the loop option in it.

these two would fulfill your requirement.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema