Importing XSD to generate schema metadata

One Star

Importing XSD to generate schema metadata

Hello,
I try to import a simple XSD file to generate the schema but failed.
The XSD file I used contains a couple of data types, including string, integer, decimal and datetime. (Please read attached sceenshot)
When I try to importing the file (detail screenshots are attached), Talend seems cannot recognize the data type and all string are shown.
Is there any misconfiguration of importing?
Thanks if anybody could help.

Re: Importing XSD to generate schema metadata

Hi,
Usually, the defined type in xsd should be parsed correctly with appropriate type when generate schema.
What talend product build version are you using, I will make a testing on it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina
I am now using a new version TOS_DI-Win32-r105421-V5.4.0M1.
I have previously used 5.2 and 5.3, but still get similar result. Everytime, I need to look back the xsd and correct it manually.

Hi,
I have previously used 5.2 and 5.3, but still get similar result. Everytime, I need to look back the xsd and correct it manually.

I have made a testing on talend 5.3.1 and the XSD file cannot be parsed into appropriate type automatically, but you can set it manually.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you Sabrina.
I have log an issue in the bug tracking system as I personally feel that this feature could be greatly enhanced to recognize the data type as well.

Hi,
Could you please paste your jira issue link on forum so that other community user will see it. Thanks for your contribution.
Note: Please create an issue in DI project.
Best regards
Sabrina
--