Importing Talend API Swagger into AWS GW

Highlighted
Employee

Importing Talend API Swagger into AWS GW

I have created a Swagger API specification in Talend API designer based on the Nexus webhooks.  The exported Swagger 2.0 specification is attached.  It is a json file despite the txt extension name.  When I try to import into AWS GW I get the errors below.

I am thinking it is safe to ignore these errors, but would appreciate any guidance or clarification.  

Your API was not imported due to errors in the Swagger file.

• Unable to create model for 'RepositoryAssetNotification': Invalid model specified: Validation Result: warnings : [], errors : [Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"]]
  • Unable to create model for 'RepositoryComponentNotification': Invalid model specified: Validation Result: warnings : [], errors : [Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"]]
  • Unable to create model for 'RepositoryNotification': Invalid model specified: Validation Result: warnings : [], errors : [Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"], Invalid model schema specified. Unsupported keyword(s): ["example"]]
  • Unable to put method 'POST' on resource at path '/repository': Invalid model name specified: null
  • Unable to put method 'POST' on resource at path '/repository/asset': Invalid model name specified: null
  • Unable to put method 'POST' on resource at path '/repository/component': Invalid model name specified: null
  • Additionally, these warnings were found:
  • Reference to model 'RepositoryNotification' not found. Ignoring.
  • Reference to model 'RepositoryAssetNotification' not found. Ignoring.
  • Reference to model 'RepositoryComponentNotification' not found. Ignoring.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Importing Talend API Swagger into AWS GW

Hi Ed,

As you probably know, AWS has a list of "unsupported" OAS features in AWS API Gateway here :

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/api-gateway-known-issues.html

What's causing some issues in your definition is the "example" field, which is indeed listed as unsupported by AWS. It turns out that their OAS 2 support is rather limited.

While the "Known issues" list seems to also apply to OAS 3, it is not the case for a lot of the issues: either they do not raise a warning/error, either a warning is emitted but the import can be forced (and the unsupported features will be dropped from the imported definition).

Their OAS 3 support is getting better and better over time, I noticed that some restrictions which were in place in late 2018 are now lifted.

Thanks for providing your API Definition! I managed to import it into AWS API Gateway correctly by first importing it into Talend API Designer, then exporting it in OAS 3 (which is in Tech Preview, but the exports are fully-compliant to the specification).

I hope this helps!

All Replies
Employee

Hi Ed,

As you probably know, AWS has a list of "unsupported" OAS features in AWS API Gateway here :

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/api-gateway-known-issues.html

What's causing some issues in your definition is the "example" field, which is indeed listed as unsupported by AWS. It turns out that their OAS 2 support is rather limited.

While the "Known issues" list seems to also apply to OAS 3, it is not the case for a lot of the issues: either they do not raise a warning/error, either a warning is emitted but the import can be forced (and the unsupported features will be dropped from the imported definition).

Their OAS 3 support is getting better and better over time, I noticed that some restrictions which were in place in late 2018 are now lifted.

Thanks for providing your API Definition! I managed to import it into AWS API Gateway correctly by first importing it into Talend API Designer, then exporting it in OAS 3 (which is in Tech Preview, but the exports are fully-compliant to the specification).

I hope this helps!

Employee

Exporting from Talend API designer to OAS 3.0 and then importing to AWS API GW worked.

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Self-service Talend Migration: Moving from On-Premises to the Cloud

Move from On-Premises to the Cloud by following the advice of experts

Read Now

Modern Data Engineering in the Cloud

Learn about modern data engineering in the Cloud

Watch Now

How to deploy Talend Jobs as Docker images to Amazon, Azure and Google Cloud reg...

Learn how to deploy Talend Jobs as Docker images to Amazon, Azure and Google Cloud registries

Blog