Import a file into the project

Four Stars

Import a file into the project

I have a look up file (mapping file) that I want to store along with the project. This file will be used as the look up file with the tMap.
How do I upload the file into the project on Open Studio. i tried creating a folder under 'Job Designs' and import the file, put the import wizard displays a message that no valid items were found. Is there a way to save the file along with the project on SVN?

Re: Import a file into the project

Hi,
Are you looking for file metadata in repository?
Could you please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Centralizing File Delimited metadata?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Not the metadata but the actual file itself. Instead of creating a table for a small lookup (mapping) data, I want to use a file. The requirement is that I want to save the file along with the project so that it can be deployed along with the job (using Build Job) and have a copy of the mapping in the repository. I am not able to find a way to save the data file along with the project.

Hi,
With Talend Open Studio, the projects are stored in local.
You can drag your input look up file from metadata and use it in your current job for further processing.
So far,  it is not possile to carry input files within the export of the job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.