Import Items Error

One Star

Import Items Error

Hello,
I have a Job created in previous version of Talend, and now I am trying to import into Talend v3.2 (other jobs were imported successfully), but received the following error. Error Message - "No valid items found in the current source"
Under Root Directory, I am at the folder where I see 2 folders "lib" & projectname folder.
Can someone let me know why I cannot import this item? Is there another way to import this Job. This is production job, so need an import workaround.
Your help is appreciated!
Community Manager

Re: Import Items Error

Hello
I am at the folder where I see 2 folders "lib" & projectname folder.

How do you export the job? To export a job, go to 'Repository-->Job designs' and right click on the job name, select 'Export items' option.
Open the 'process' folder and see if there are two files:*.item and *.properties.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Cannot export again as the job was stored on my previous box that was wiped clean.
The two folders I mentioned below are from the server which the batch job is running from. Pointing to them should work right?
Can you explain what the error message means?
One Star

Any idea how I can import items? The job is definitely running successfully, so I don't understand why Talend does NOT allow me to import the items (no ZIP at my disposal).
Community Manager

Hello
The two folders I mentioned below are from the server which the batch job is running from.

This is the job script and you can't import the job from the job script.
Error Message - "No valid items found in the current source" means there are not items of job. Please export the job as i suggested on previous post and import it.
To export a job, go to 'Repository-->Job designs' and right click on the job name, select 'Export items' option.

Best regards

shong
One Star

The scenario I am describing is that I cannot export the Job again since I reinstalled Talend from scratch. I guess the Talend limitation is that even if the Job is deployed and running on the server, it cannot be retrieved from the server location with the two folders I mentioned previously.
Community Manager

Hello
Under Root Directory, I am at the folder where I see 2 folders "lib" & projectname folder.

Open the projectName/process folder and see if there are two files: jobName_0.1.item and jobName_0.1.properties, if so, copy these two files and go to
Navigator viewer-->projectName-->process and paste them. (See my screenshot), and then go to Repository viewer and press 'refresh' button.
Best regards
shong
One Star

I only see the following 4 files under jobname folder:
classpath.jar
jobname_0.1.jar
jobname_run.bat
jobname_run.sh
Unfortunately, I do not see any jobname_0.1.item nor jobname_0.1.properties.
I might have export the job without source, but at least the job with those two folders (without .item/.properties) still works on production.
Employee

The export you have made is not a proper "Export Items" but a "Export Job scripts".
The "Export Job scripts" give you the jobDesign to deploy and run on the execution machine, it means that package the JAR File (java code generated by talend) and the execution file .bat or .sh (to execute on windows or linux/unix/mac architecture).
To have a proper "Export items"; you'll find this if you right-click on your selected job and choose "Export items", or if you right-click on JobDesign in your repository to select all Jobs.
There is also an alternative way to choose the right option in the "Export Job scripts"; to have the package to deploy/run and the source .item and .property files; but if you need only the export items; choose the following action.
Best regards;