One Star

Import/Export Job Design

Hello All,
I've created a few job and put it into a folder. Then, i wanted to relocate this job designs into my colleague's Talend local installed. How do i wants to relocate the job?
I've noticed there is import/export job design but that is only worked with single job design. How do i wants to export the jobs inside the folder i've created (means there are more than 1 job).

Plz help me. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Import/Export Job Design

Hi
You can export all the items, including jobs, metadata, documentation and routines etc.
To export items, including jobs, metadata, documentation and routines etc, right click on Job design in Talend Studio and select 'Export item' option.
To import items, right click on right click on Job design in Talend Studio and select 'Import item' option.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi,
If I export single job, Talend will create zip file for that job and then I can import that zip file in other machine. Sadly when I export multiple job (inside a folder that I've created) and did "export items", there is no exported file found. I've confused Smiley Sad
Plz help me.
Community Manager

Hi
Ii might be a bug, which version are using? I tested this issue on v5.1.2, right click on a folder under Job Designs and did 'export items', it works. Usually, I export items by right clicking on Job Designs, and select the items which you want to export.
One Star

Hi,
I used v4.2. If i did right click on specific item and 'export the item', it was successfully export the item job as zip file and then I'll be able to import that exported zip file.
Sadly, when I'm trying to export the folder there is nothing generated. Yet, I did try import the zip file from exported folder also failed.
Community Manager

hi
I am sure there was a bug about this before, don't know in which version it exists exactly now. You can download the latest version v5.2.0 and see the problem still exist, then upgrade your product.