Import CSV file to Postgres with Talend

One Star

Import CSV file to Postgres with Talend

I tried to import a CSV file in my table on PostgreSQL. I used Tmap to match the fields but when I launched the process I got this error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Compilation problem not solved: Invalid character constant
The error I get is too generic to understand. How can I do to investigate the problem?
Six Stars

Re: Import CSV file to Postgres with Talend

Four Stars

Can you post your statement expression used in tMap?
Vaibhav

Hi romidipa,
You'll get a Image upload box that allows to upload screen captures and images up to 200KB, when you click on "post reply" (not through the quick post").
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I put the pictures which I hope will help to understand the problem
One Star

I put the pictures which I hope will help to understand the problem..
this is my csv
alleg_id;alleg_categoria;alleg_allegato;alleg_descr_breve;alleg_progetto;alleg_sostituito;alleg_categ_sostituita;alleg_aria;alleg_acqua;alleg_territorio;alleg_ordina
60;B1.10;B1;Progetti di infrastrutture - linee ferroviarie a carattere regionale o locale;linee ferroviarie a carattere regionale o locale;1;B1.10;1;1;1;65
61;B1.11;B1;Progetti di infrastrutture - funicolari o linee simili di tipo particolare;funicolari o linee simili di tipo particolare, esclusivamente o principalmente adibite al trasporto di passeggeri (vedi cat. B3, n. 6);1;B1.11;1;1;1;66
Four Stars

I think there is a trouble in metadata creation,
your input columns are 9 - as per csv data
and data shows - 11
tMap shows - 10
Please fix this, however, you don't need tMap, as there is no processing involved... You can remove that...
Vaibhav
One Star

Now there are 11 field in csv, in pg table e in tmap process. I removed the id serial in postgresql table nevertheless i get this error
Exception in component tMap_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
at demos.csv_table_0_1.csv_table.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(csv_table.java:1447)
at demos.csv_table_0_1.csv_table.runJobInTOS(csv_table.java:2070)
at demos.csv_table_0_1.csv_table.main(csv_table.java:1929)
Four Stars

There could be multiple reasons for Null pointer exception
- may be that tMap is not receiving expected input from the input component
Can you show the tMap configuration?
Vaibhav