Implicit Context: Strange difference in parsing mechanism in TOSvsEE

Six Stars

Implicit Context: Strange difference in parsing mechanism in TOSvsEE

Hi,
we are using in 5.4.1 EE for Data Integration and for I experimente also with 5.6.2 Open Studio (free).
Now, we use implicit context from file, so the content is like this (we use = as default delimiter):
KEY=VALUE
There was real-world issue the current development didn't support Oracle cluster aware JDBC connectivity and after failover of database admins were required for change the string.
So I came with standard solution of single line connectivity which JDBC supports, so the string looks like this:
DB_CONNECT=jdbc:oracle:thin:user/password@(DESCRIPTION=(TRANSPORT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT=3)(ADDRESS_LIST =(ADDRESS =(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host1)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS =(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host2)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVICE_NAME=oracle_database_service)))

Now, when reading it from EE version via implicit context I get:
DB_CONNECT=jdbc:oracle:thin:user/password@(DESCRIPTION

If I use open source version I get this:
DB_CONNECT=jdbc:oracle:thin:user/password@(DESCRIPTION=(TRANSPORT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT=3)(ADDRESS_LIST =(ADDRESS =(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host1)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS =(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host2)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVICE_NAME=oracle_database_service)))

So we have here difference in parsing the implicit context.
EE version detect any delimiter, first as key,pair delimiter, second delimiter is used to cut off the value
Open source on the other hand do thing as required, first delimiter detected is taken as key pair delimiter, any additional delimiter character is parsed as part of value.
Did anybody faced this? I am going to replace the parsing in EE by the one from Open source version.
Thanks.
Ladislat

Re: Implicit Context: Strange difference in parsing mechanism in TOSvsEE

Hi archenroot,
Have you checked if this issue repro on  5.6 EE?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.