Implicit Context Load Implementation in TAC

One Star

Implicit Context Load Implementation in TAC

How can we have the implicit context load set in TAC? Which is the setting where we check this?
So we want to point to different table or server for each environment.

Re: Implicit Context Load Implementation in TAC

Are you already familiar with creating context groups? If in Development, for example, you always use a db server named Achilles, and in Prod you use a db server named Footloose, you can can set up a context group for database connections with all the credentials and connections for Development and Production. You can define as many environments as you want in each context group. When you drag the context group into the job, it creates those contexts if they don't already exist.
Not especially "implicit", I don't know what you mean by that.
There are other approaches: http://www.talendbyexample.com/talend-reusable-context-load-job.html
One Star

Yea very well with implicit through a file in open studio.
Similarly how are we going to do it in TAC?
We are using branch as the QA environment. So while copying it to branch i need to change the implicit context load table name and then copt it to branch then would it read from the QA table?
Can Xdshi or pedro or shong explain how Enterprise edition is usually setup for DEV QA and PROD. And how do we setup implicit context through database for DEV, QA and PROD?
Thanks..

Can Xdshi or pedro or shong explain how Enterprise edition is usually setup for DEV QA and PROD.

I would welcome this too. I understand different shops have different needs but does Talend offer any baseline guidance or scenarios?
Talendd, when you say "We are using branch as the QA environment...." do you mean you're copying the job to an SVN branch? AFAIK that won't have any bearing on the Talend context feature. As I reread your posts, I don't think there is any "implicit" context load - there is a single default context for every job (and you can change that in the context tab, on the "Values as Table" sub-tab, the little orange box icon on the upper right. But all context variables are always explicit, as I understand the term "context" in Talend. In TAC, you can override the values - there's a "Context Variable" tab for every job (I'm using TAC 5.1.1), and you can click the "active" checkbox next to any of the context variable and supply an overriding literal value. Otherwise it uses what's saved in the job at the time you generate code (which may be what's saved in a separate context group).

Hi,
Thanks for your question.
I will report it to DOCT manager to see if there is any more baseline guidance or scenarios about how Enterprise edition is usually setup for DEV QA and PROD.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

The implicit context load works well also if a job is deployed to a job server. The TAC has nothing to do with it.
You have to be take care the file referenced by the implicit context load is available on all host where a job server is running.
One Star

So we had a talend webex ssession..
You need to remove component cache file in studio on your linux machine. Only then TAC reads the new xml file.