ISAM error: record is locked. - How do I skip locked records ?

Highlighted
One Star

ISAM error: record is locked. - How do I skip locked records ?

I am running a job. reading data from database and writing it to dataware database using Talend. I get an error saying record is locked. How Do I skip records that are locked in database and continue with next records?
Community Manager

Re: ISAM error: record is locked. - How do I skip locked records ?

Hi
Does the error occur on input component or output component? Please show us the whole error message.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

it happens on Input componant. when it is reading data from a table.
Six Stars

which database sys?
according to the transactional isolation level, database must guarantee transactional consistency so they can't just "skip", at least they can return an "old" consistent version of the rows being locked.
check the transaction isolation of your read statements.
One Star

I usally put set isolation dirty read at beginging of select statement. But Talend doesn't allow that. Can you tell me how to transaction isoalation of select statement?
One Star

Thanks emaxt6.
Informix.
Community Manager

I usally put set isolation dirty read at beginging of select statement. But Talend doesn't allow that. Can you tell me how to transaction isoalation of select statement?

Using a tInformixConnection to create a db connection, and then write your set isolation dirty query on tInformixRow component, the job looks like:
tInformixConnection
|
onsubjobok
|
tInformixRow
|
onsubjobok
|
tInformixInput---main-->tLogRow
|
onsubjobok
|
tInformixCommit
Both tInformixRow and tInformixInput use the an existing connection created by tInformixConnection .
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thank You Shong. So should I have set isolation dirty read on tInformixRow and then have select statement query on tInformixInput componant?
One Star

I run my job and in the output file no of records is not equal to the input file records neither does it show up in rejects.
Kindly suggest.