I can not connect my sql server with talend

One Star

I can not connect my sql server with talend

I want to create a database connection in the metadata section, so I want to connect to my mysql database in my server but Talend always displays me this message when I push the CHECK button:
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.

The parameters are all right, server name, user, password, port number (3306 default port), database name, etc... but I can't connect the server. Any help would be useful.
Thanks.

Re: I can not connect my sql server with talend

Is the Database Server definately running?
The Communications link failure means that it could not connect to the server.
Also recheck connection settings to make sure they are definately correct (Maybe you connect to your database on another port?)

One Star

Re: I can not connect my sql server with talend

The database server is running perfectly and the port is correct. I think the failure is because some firewall is blocking some ports from my jobplace. In localhost I connected to a mysql test db without problems.
Thanks.

One Star

Re:I can not connect my sql server with talend

if you have MySQL server on u r local machine.. then you should be able to connect it.
try with IP address. 127.0.0.1

One Star

I can connect to my machine, with 127.0.0.1 or with localhost. Thanks anyway Smiley Happy

One Star

In my experience this is ususlly a permissions problem. Can you connect manually to the database from your machine using the same credentials?

One Star

Yes, if I type the mysql server URL in a web browser I can access to the DB, but not from Talend creating a new connection.

One Star

Hi All,
Can any1 solve my query.
i want to read 80 million record from mysql and write into mysql.
But after 20 million reads it gave me could not create connection error.
2016-06-10 03:07:25;aAtDjY;kC202j;kC202j;BIOWISE_ETL_JOB;BW_Dbnsfp_SNP_Job_0;Default;6;Java Exception;tMysqlInput_1;com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.;1
can any1 ll provide solution for this?
Regards,
Anand Yadav