One Star

Howto trigger next subjob from tWaitForFile in loop mode

Hi,
I have a main job that starts with a file handling pre-job build of a tWaitForFile in continue loop mode which is listening on file creation in a certain directory. File creation triggers via iteration tFileCopy that moves the incoming file into a work directory. When finished the file handling pre-job should come back to the main job that OnSubjobOk triggers the next subjob for operation. - That is the idea.
This model works fine if I change the mode of tWaitForFile into exit loop mode; then the pre-job fires the OnSubjobOk event, and the main job starts the next operation's subjob. But in this mode the file handling pre-job with its tWaitForFile will not continue listening for incoming files.
If I change the tWaitForFile's mode into continue loop the file handling pre-job continues listenening for incoming files and moves them, but never fires the OnSubjobOk event (or OnComponentOk - same behaviour...), so the following operation's subjob is never started.
The hole model - main job and all subjobs - use context variables for directory paths, file name patterns etc..

I am using TOS 5.2.1.
Any hints are welcome!
-Thanks in advance,
Frank
2 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: Howto trigger next subjob from tWaitForFile in loop mode

try to make job with tWaitForFile as Joblet and give on component ok to next subjob
as Joblet(job with tWaitForFile)----on Component ok-----> sub job
I am using tWaitForFile in similar way. try this it may work
Raghunath Lingutla
One Star

Re: Howto trigger next subjob from tWaitForFile in loop mode

Hi,
thanks for the reply! - Unfortunately we are using the TOS in this project, not the TIS which means there are no joblets available :-(
But anyway, I have found a workaround: I did a little reengineering, and implemented the file handling logic directly into the main job (getting rid of the file handling pre-subjob). Then, when finished with the file handling pre stuff it comes up with a OnComponentOk event which I can use to trigger the next subjob.
Thanks so far!
Frank